How did you go so long on liquids

ktaborelli
on 9/21/11 8:04 am - Hampton, NJ
 I am 9 days out and was on liquids two weeks before, I don't know if I can go one more week on liquids. How did you make it without going crazy???? I seem to be making more creative meals for my family and the food comercials are never ending. I want to try everything the family eats and try everything I see. I know that this is only temp, and I have the rest on my life to eat....any suggestions???

poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 8:14 am - OH
I didn't go that long.  I only had to do liquids for five days before surgery and one week after.

But that's me, not you.  If you feel like being creative with your family's meals, try being creative with your liquids.  Like, try adding different spices to broth or cream soups.  Make homemade soup if you want, whatever kind you like, and just strain out all the chunky bits for now and eat the broth.  But save the chunky bits if you want, you can puree them when you're off liquids.

Play around with protein shakes.  Look at the recipes on bariatricfood.com.  Or make protein ice cream, which counts as a liquid if you don't put chunky stuff like pieces of fruit or nuts in it.  It's basically a protein shake, only frozen.  Check out the recipes on theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rebeccaj
on 9/21/11 8:34 am - Bowling Green, KY
First... Good luck with the liquids.  I just started my 14 day pre op liquids,  I can swallow the Unjury vanilla mixed with either orange or lemon crystal light... pretty decent.  I also am drinking low sodium V-8 juice, it seems to hold me a little longer:)

Dan OBrien
on 9/21/11 10:02 am - FL
It's not easy, but you have to look forward and realize you only have 5 more days to go.  Each bump up in diet was a big deal for me.

It's only temporary - you'll get there!
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

missravensmom
on 9/21/11 10:25 am
I am very lucky that my doctor doesn't make me liquid for longer than 2 days prior to surgery.  I have been on a low carb diet and I am actually looking forward to possibly having some sugar with my juices next week.  You definitely have my sympathy.  Hang in there it will be worth it in the end.
findingmyself1994
on 9/21/11 10:37 am
I so agree with you, i have been on Liquid diet for 3 week with 1 week to go...I am about to lose it, well i have i eaten soup i just don't drain it...I chew really well, gave my mouth the satisfaction it is looking for, i am not helpful ----i am just letting you know you are not alone..i did go buy some Popsicles because i was having a hard time getting my liquids in.mycalorie intake is about 400... too low, i am walking everyday increasing thedistance, it takes me all day to get the energy to move..

ktaborelli
on 9/21/11 11:10 am - Hampton, NJ
 I am so thankful that I am not the only one!! I have NO energy. I was hoping someone would say that they skipped and moved on to the next phase and had no problem, then I started to read WLS for Dummies and it scared the crap out of me.
Thank you for all the suggestions....I know that I am being a baby, thanks for putting up with me!

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 11:35 am - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with

You're not being a baby! It's not easy, its emotional and frustrating and even if we don't have tummy hunger, liquids are just not satisfying.  I had 10 days after surgery of full liquids, I could not WAIT for puree.  Then I sighed when she said 6 weeks of puree.  I do it to keep my pouch healthy and allow my body to heal, but I tell ya, I'm waiting to sink my teeth into something solid dangit!

hang in there!

poet_kelly
on 9/22/11 2:44 am - OH
Some people do skip ahead and have no problem.  Just like some people smoke two packs a day and don't get lung cancer.  But do you think that means if you smoke two packs a day, you will not get lung cancer?  Do you  really wanna chance it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Paddy11
on 9/21/11 11:50 am

Hi, Today is day 9 of my liquid diet. 5 more to go, Surgery date Sept 27. I have to say the first few days were the hardest. Now I am getting excited and not so hungry anymore. My fave is Isopure non-flavored protein in decaf coffee.  The protein makes the coffee creamy and filling and I can get 26 grams in one shot.  Hang in there!! You can do it!!  I also have 2 weeks liquid after!!! :o
Good  Luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 481 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 69 views