So Pleased, but.....

Sara B.
on 9/25/11 1:51 am - Edenton, NC
I am almost 5 months post op and let me say I feel amazing! I have lost 146lbs so far which yes that is LOTS of weight and I still have so much to go and it is very encouraging to see those numbers. I am wearing sizes I haven't worn in many years. Sometimes the praises from friends and family is a little overwhelming and I feel like it's all everyone wants to talk about (but me). It's not that I don't want to talk about it. It almost feels like you have the same conversations on repeat. My closests friends know it drives me crazy to dwell on it and they don't but sometimes I feel like they get tired of hearing it to because I can't go anywhere without bumping in to someone and my weight is always the topic. Then it's always the dreaded question, "How much have you lost? " I get soooooo sick of that question. I don't answer anymore. I just say I'm not counting, or I haven't weighed in several weeks, etc.... I know there has to be others who feel the same way I do. I am very proud of what I have acomplished and still have so much to go just wondering how others coupe with this issue.

Thanks,
Sara

SafetyTurtle
on 9/25/11 2:38 am - Cincinnati, OH
I made a commitment to not get a scale until I reach my goal weight.  If I really feel the need to weigh myself, my doctor's office is a half a block away from my house (seriously) or at least it will be until we move in a couple months.  I feel like if I say I've lost "XX' number of pounds, and I do expect it to be pretty fast since I am starting pretty heavy, it'll just lead into how much did I weigh before, how do I eat, etc etc and I just don't feel like I need to get into that with everyone.  So easy to say "I'm not weighing myself, but I feel great, thanks for noticing."

Congrats to you, BTW.  My surgery is tomorrow!

Gina

Dan OBrien
on 9/25/11 2:54 am - FL
You definitely should be proud - 146 in 5 months - that is spectacular!

It does get a little old, especially coworkers that ask everyday -"so how much did you lose?"  I just answer if I did or didn't - last week I actually went up 3lbs.  I guess everybody is kind of behind us and trying to be supportive (and at times I think a little jealous when they're trying to lose!)  We have a weight loss pool going at work and they wouldnt let me join...the nerve! 
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

ohioh
on 9/25/11 4:22 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
I totally understand. It is very exciting but I too am at the point where people ask all the time and want to know details. I know the people around me get tired of hearing it, especially those who would like to lose weight themselves and are struggling with it.  The hard part now is that people are saying "you aren't going to lose anymore are you?"  "I hope you are done losing weight'..things like that.  That may be hard for you to imagine right now, but believe me..you'll start to hear that too and it makes me very uncomfortable.  I am very proud also of what I have done, it has taken alot of work.  I worry about regain and want to make sure that doesn't happen, this whole wls consumes my life everyday!!!  BUT..it's very exciting and like you, I am wearing sizes I haven't worn since I probably wore when I was 5! (ok, maybe 10 lol)  Best of wishes to you!!!!!

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
46_11tobeme
on 9/25/11 8:40 am - NJ
 Sara - wow! 146 lbs in 5 months! you must be so excited. How do you feel physically? Any problems? I am having RNY in 4 weeks so am excited and worried as I read about the complications here. One of my concerns is sagging skin - are you having any problems with this? Doing anything to help avoid it? I have bad skin now (lots of stretch marks) so am very concerned. Stories like yours keep me excited. Thanks
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 158 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?