Peanut butter-when can I eat it

Shelly D.
on 10/3/11 6:31 am - Grandview, TX
When is it ok to eat peanut butter, the only reason I am asking this is because it is so thick. I am craving it and it has protein so I would think it would be ok. I am almost 2 months out.

RYN-8/10/2011
HW-320
CW-191
GW-150

wisaluv
on 10/3/11 6:37 am - Pueblo, CO
Im not sure when but be careful not to eat too much, its has a lot of calories.  Just do one serving which I think is 2 tbsp.

Sweetn9277
on 10/3/11 6:41 am - NY
I had peanut butter in my second week out.    A single serving portion spread lightly on a piece of wheat toast.    You really don't need alot to get the flavor, so a small portion should work and give you that protein as well!!   

Ladytazz
on 10/3/11 6:49 am
 Also watch out.  Some people dump with peanut butter.  I know I do with cashew butter.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

LJ1972
on 10/3/11 6:55 am - FL
keep in mind the fat and calories of peanut butter.... that said I could have creamy pbutter during my soft food stage
RonSudol
on 10/3/11 7:22 am - NJ
i am a few days short of three weeks, and i had some yesterday with mashed bananas.. less then 2 tablespoons, which is one serving. you should try it

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

newtintn
on 10/3/11 7:41 am - TN
 One of my FAVORITE snacks and breakfast foods is apple slices and low fat PB! Had it this morning as a matter of fact. I buy great value brand low fat PB and eat no more than 2 tbsp (1 serving) a day ...actually i usually do 1 tbsp because as the other poster said it doesnt take much to get the flavor. Winesapp apples and PB...YUMMO! Ive been eating it since 3 mo appx...i dont  really dump either so ive never had an issue with it

Susan_U
on 10/3/11 10:26 am - Ontario, CA
Sigh. I used to loooove peanut butter. But ever since an unfortunate incident at a movie theatre years ago I can't stand the smell of it.

Hmmm...maybe this will be one of those things that will change now. One can only hope.
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 1:52 pm - Port Orange, FL
I put smooth (2tbls) pb in my shake along with my vanilla protein powder, an envelope of sf/ff hot chocolate mix, 3 tbls of lf vanilla yogurt and a cup and a 1/2 of skim milk.  Oh and 3/4 crushed ice.  I get my protein powder at Walmart for 14$!  Boy  ... I hope my taste doesn't change after surgery, I love this stuff!  Sometimes I put a tbl of ncaf coffee instead of pb and this is very good. 
Vanilla protein powder is so versitile, use stawberries or peaches or all kinds of stuff for a change! 
bon apetite!  We can say this ... no?  hugs ... Samantha
Most Active
Recent Topics