Revision gone wrong?

evolve424
on 10/5/11 12:57 pm
Hello Successful Losers:

I had lap band surgery in 2006. I then had a revision in Feb. of 2011. I have only eliminated 53lbs. I started at 269. For the last two weeks I have regained 6lbs. I do not dump and I think my occasion indulgence with carbs (rice) might be a sobotage, but not 6 lbs for 3 tablespoons of rice. I am getting about 32ozs. of water daily sometimes more. I start the day with a protein shake with my first round of vitamins. My doctor told me not to eat if Im not hungry, but I think that this is causing part of the problem. I dont count calories, but I only eat two to three times a day. Please offer any suggestions.
Lisa R.
on 10/5/11 1:06 pm - CA
 you should be eating more often.  I eat 6 times or more a day and have lost 70lbs in 5 months and I was only 236 when I had surgery.  If you only eat 2 times a day you can not be getting in enough calories and your body is not going to lose weight.  You are slowing down your metabolism.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
poet_kelly
on 10/5/11 1:11 pm - OH
If you don't get enough calories, your body goes into starvation mode and it's hard to lose weight.  If you only eat two or three times a day, you're probably not eating enough.  Try counting your calories for a few days to see where you stand.

You may not be getting enough protein, either.  How much do you typically get in a day?

And why are you only drinking about 32 oz of liquid?  That's about half the amount you need.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

evolve424
on 10/5/11 1:16 pm
Most of the time i am not hungry or thirsty. I eat usually because it just feels like I should be eating. I will try to increase the water and i will include another protein shake in the day. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Carol M.
on 10/5/11 5:09 pm - TX
The intake of carbs requires additional water resulting in weight gain. You know that 10 lbs that everybody can lose quickly at the start of almost any diet? 2 lbs of fat from high carb intake over time but 8 lbs of water that the body needs to process that fat. So if we are taking in carbs that result in a pound of fat, then the body is holding 4 pounds of water for processing it. So the thing to do is eliminate the carbs. They are what made us fat in the first place.
Tobenewme
on 10/6/11 1:06 pm - Long Island, NY
I also had a revision in October of 2010.  I still don't feel hungry, and don't really enjoy eating as I don't really enjoy the taste of food now, which is fine by me.   My Nut told me at about 3 months to eat at least 200 calories a meal and at least 64 oz of liquid a day.  I just do it because I know I need to to keep my body healthy.  I start at 6 am and just eat by the clock 6, 9, 12 etc.  As I am older and a revision, my surgeon said I would probably loose about 60% of my excess body weight and stop somewhere around 175 but I'm still loosing.  Try adding some healthy snacks like a good quality protein bar (I love Quest),  cheese sticks, nuts, sunflower seeds, yogurt etc.

Good Luck
Mary

jobeth
on 10/7/11 8:06 am - FL

I'm with you on not enjoying food anymore...and also with you when you say that is fine with you.  Me too.

My taste has changed so much it helps me not be tempted and craving.  I do eat the things I need to eat to get my protein and drink lots and lots of water...my indulgence is my favorite brand of bottled water and my favorite (expensive) HIGH protein (50g per can) shake.

One of the few 'craves' I have is popcyles...SF of course.  I found a great high protein wafer.chocolate bar with near no carbs and sugar...this gives me my once a day "cheat" for something sweet and decadent.

Even when I think I really want some comfort carbs...two bites and I'm already ready to quit.  It just doesn't taste good to me.

Sooo, nowadays I eat to live and not live to eat like before. 

But its really nice that i could care less about food.  I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all.

jobeth...            
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 154 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views