Sleep question???

rebeccaj
on 10/9/11 5:57 pm - Bowling Green, KY
 I had my revision (Band to RNY) On Wednesday the 5th, I got home Saturday.  I am up and about, minimal pain meds... I have only had 3 doses!!  Tynol seems to work better so I will take them.  The Doc left my JP drain in, I will get him removed Thrusday (Thank God.. that is the most discusting thing I have ever had to deal with lol).  While I was in the hospital I was only sleeping 10-15 minutes at a time, finally on the last night I had 3 stints of 1.5 hours of sleep!!  Now that I am home I have not slept more than 2 hours at a time!   I have tried propped up in my bed, which is comfortable,  I have also tried my sofa... comfortable enough~  
The really bad thing is around 2 am I wake up, and cannot go back to sleep for several hours ugh.  When will  this get better? HELP

Price S.
on 10/9/11 9:25 pm - Mills River, NC
i didn't sleep a full night for, well, I still don't.  But mine is getting up to go pee. 

I slept in the recliner for the first week or so, then in the bed with lots of pillows.  I did take my pain meds before bed for about a week so I could sleep as well as possible.  It just takes time to get over major surgery.  Plus you are still getting rid of all the fluid they pumped in you.  About the best you can do is walk during the day and get as comfortable as possible for night.  I did sleep better after the drain was out too.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Dan OBrien
on 10/10/11 1:32 am - FL
Same here...took a few weeks, about two for me.  Recliner for a while, couldn't lay down, and propped up in bed didn't work for me either.  It will get better soon.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 190 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?