revision complete....a little baffled

inmyownskin
on 10/18/11 1:31 am - Westbury, NY
So my dreams have finally come true...had my RNY!!!! But I am a little confused...my doc came in this morning to discuss how surgery went. He said my band was empty and was providing no restriction at all. As he said it was just there doing nothing. He thought they removed the fluid prior to surgery but I know there was about 3cc in there and my last fill was in December and I have never had any fluid removed so where did the fluid go? It kind of makes sense why I never felt anything. Oh well...I am over it now!!! RNY is my new life. I have been cleared for my clear liquid diet and let me say...water has never tasted so good. I do not feel hungry at all. I really think this is the best thing I have done in my life.
HW: 293 SW (lap-band 2007): 280 Consult Weight: 264 CW: 214
SW (RNY 2011): 254 Personal GW: 150 Surgeon's GW: 140

roogirlmulder
on 10/18/11 1:51 am - San Diego, CA
Congrats on your successful revision. Best of luck with your weight loss progress, I'm sure you will see a huge difference compared to the progress of the band.

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

waitingtoexhale69
on 10/18/11 2:20 am - IL

Hey that sounds really stange, maybe it leaked out or evaporated?  Well anyway know you are entering into your new life and the past is the past as you mentioned.  But any way welcome to the loser bench and have a speedy recovery.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 218 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 229 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 130 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 7 views
Recent Topics