First post here---worried about approval

Erin M.
on 11/3/11 6:26 am - VA
 I have been trying to get all of the necessary pre op appts (nutritionist, psych, ultrasound of gall bladder, chest x ray) so I called my surgery scheduler now that I have all that stuff done to see what happens next. She called me and said that everything has come back fine (I have been told pretty much universally by all the different drs that I shouldnt have problem getting approved). BUT, apparently she just got an e-mail from tricare saying that now the require documentation of previous failed diet attempts for approval. I am trying not to be upset because she said that she doesn't know what they have to submit, but I can't help but feel really defeated now. I have documented weights for the past 5 years, but I never verbalized to my primary care doctor that I was dieting, even when I was. I know i just have to be patient, but I am pretty devastated. I feel like I shouldnt even be surprised about this speed bump because everything has gone so smoothly so far. Has anyone had to deal with these new requirements from tricare before? I am sorry if I sound like a huge baby I just don't know what to do. Thanks. 
italianspice
on 11/3/11 10:01 am - Eastlake, OH
Hang in there and keep track of your info. 
There's alot of hoops to jump through to get to surgery.
Good luck!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

lilbear412
on 11/3/11 11:47 am - MN
 No luckily i had my surgery right around the time of this change so it wasn't in affect yet.  Luckily.  I might have been able to show 6 months of attending weigh****chers but not sure.  i guess i could have went to them and got records.  I think that is the biggest change isn't it?  good luck and keep me updated.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 79 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views