Need advice, probably nothing serious, but ow!

ElleBW
on 11/5/11 4:11 am - WA
Okay, almost three weeks out but hit by a car Thursday. Got checked out at the ER and was okay. Am sore now from the accident but last night and this morning am having bad cramps in my lower abdomen. Woke me up several times during the night. I think it might just be gas or something else "RNY normal" but am a little freaked out. TMI: I have been having diahrea and loose stools. Can't get more than 60 of protien shake and am doing pretty decent with water. The ER doc said to look for fever or a bloated tummy if problems were to arise from the accident, but no worries there. Might also be drinking too fast. Could really use some advice! Thanks.

Elle BW
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.                                                                                        
                                                                                               Paulo Coelho    

poet_kelly
on 11/5/11 4:26 am - OH
I'd give your surgeon a call just to be safe.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ElleBW
on 11/5/11 4:30 am - WA
Thanks Kelly. I know I probably should, but I hate being a hypochondriac! Arg!! :-)
Lisa R.
on 11/5/11 4:36 am - CA
You got hit by a car, I think that take you out of the realm of being a hypochondriac!

How did you get hit by a car?  Where were you and how fast was the car going that hit you? 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
ElleBW
on 11/5/11 5:20 am - WA
Thank you! My first day back to volunteering, first hair and makeup since the hospital! I was about to go through a green and was side swiped from the left by a woman running the red around 35-40. (Uninsured!) Car was totalled but I checked out at the ER.

Just talked with my surgeon and he thinks it could be colitus. I'll give it a few hours and if not feeling better will go to the urgent care clinic.

Oh the drama of it all! :-)
DivineMs.M
on 11/5/11 9:55 am

Oh my!  If the diarreha continues I would be concerned.  I will be checking back for an update......

ElleBW
on 11/5/11 10:34 am - WA
Thank you, I appreciate that. It hasn't been the best day. The cramps have calmed down a little and I am drinking as much water as I can. My surgeon told me to go to the ER if it continues and get a culture taken.
Godgaveus2
on 11/5/11 10:24 am - WI
You made it sound like YOU were hit by a car, not your car being hit by car. Big difference.
ElleBW
on 11/5/11 10:31 am - WA
Sorry! Not my intent. I guess I have been re-telling the story to friends and family too many times! Yes, BIG difference!
ElleBW
on 11/7/11 3:59 am - WA
Update: Even though I tolerated the protien shake before surgery, I don't now. After stopping them for a few days then trying one, I got immediate diahrea and bad cramps. Turns out, it has milk, not whey isolate, which my nut told me to switch to. Whew! Feel better already! Thanks to everyone for their input!
Most Active
Recent Topics