Scoot on over, people...

Amber L.
on 11/9/11 5:28 am - Sweden
All went very well. The doctor tried to cancel on me because I needed to lose 1.5 more pounds to be within the 8-10% total body weight loss within four weeks. He said he would have to pu**** back a few weeks. I argued, got mad, cried a little and pleaded. He acted ALL pissed and said that I would have to sign a waiver saying he wasn't responsible if there were complications and that if my liver wasn't small enough, he would just close me back up. I said, "I'll sign it. Whatever it takes." My poor wife says she aged 15 years in 15 seconds.

There was nothing to sign. I didn't think there would be. I think he was just being a hardass. I wonder if anyone has ever been so happy being in an OR. The nurses were kind and funny. We all decided to just speak Swenglish since once the meds kicked in, I was mixing languages. The nurses in recovery were super nice and the ones here on the ward couldn't be better. I wish we had come here when I had my mishap two weeks ago.

It's a very weird set up. I am in a shared room with three grown men. One is snoring like a mofo and another keeps belching. The bathroom is down the hall, but that means I have to walk a lot, which is good. There are no TVs and no wifi. I didn't exactly hit the lotto with this hospital, but it's much better than the last one I was in. My friend had surgery in Borås where she had a private room with a flat screen TV with internet IN in. Whatever. If all goes well, I will be in my own bed this time tomorrow. So, now I have very little pain and they are right here with the meds if I do. I have my laptop piggy backed to my iPhone. I am chatting with my wife, blogging and Facebooking all at the same time. It could certainly be worse.

And yes, the most important thing to take to the hospital is Chapstick. I just wish I had thought to strap it somewhere to my body so I had had it in recovery. lol Sipping, sipping, sipping my water today. Tomorrow, apparently I can have soup. This is another reason why it's weird to be sharing this room. The guys can eat. So, dude over there is having my favorite yogurt and I am stuck on water. If I had any appetite at all, that might **** me off. That's not really an issue, though. Okay, enough with the rambling. This part's over. Now I get to learn how to work this damn thing.

Thanks so much for all the support, guys!
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

Trish S.
on 11/9/11 5:34 am - Upstate , NY

Congratulations!!!  I'm so happy that things went so great for you.........You are now well on your well to your new life.  I can't imagine having guys as roommates.....the farting and all........ you know, by me!  LOL  Keep us posted, and congratulations, it sounds like you are doing absolutely awesome!!! 

“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Debra P.
on 11/9/11 5:43 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Congrats !!!  Happy all has gone so well.  I can't believe you have to share a room with two nasty dudes... LOL.  Just wait till you start releasing some of that gas !!!  LOL  

poet_kelly
on 11/9/11 6:28 am - OH
I'm glad it went so well.  And I'm sorry your doctor is such an ass.

They have you sharing a room with men?  Is that common in Sweden?  I would feel very uncomfortable.  I'm guessing there are curtains you can pull around the bed?  But even so...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amber L.
on 11/9/11 2:45 pm - Sweden
There are curtains, but it was still weird. It's not common, there's just a pretty bad flu bug going around and there weren't private rooms available. It's a hell of a motivation for going home today. lol
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

poet_kelly
on 11/9/11 2:48 pm - OH
Even if there weren't private rooms available, I'd think they would group women together and men together.  It would still be very weird for me even with curtains.  I mean, what if someone needs to use a bed pan.  Have you ever tried to pee on a bed pan?  Those things are so uncomfortable, I don't know how anyone can ever relax enough to pee.  But I really can't imagine being able to use one if there was just a thin curtain separating me from three men!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mandy R.
on 11/9/11 6:54 am - Callahan, FL
glad you are doing well :)

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

lilbear412
on 11/9/11 7:46 am - MN
 culture shock.....lol one reason this country doesn't need.... never mind ..OK then if i was a single women living in Sweden I might think it cool to be in a room with 2 men..lol  But your not and you are. Sorry to have to hear you had to go through all that.  Somehow i wish i was a fly on your wall to listen to the Swenglish. That would have been funny.  Can't wait till you can go home so we can hear more of your stories.  Seems you are starting out great with a great attitude...keep it up.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Amber L.
on 11/9/11 2:48 pm - Sweden
Well, that's one way to look at it or one could look at the dozens of posts on all the boards about fighting with insurance, lack of inclusion and getting flat turned down. Everyone who needs and wants WLS here gets it. Sharing a room isn't so bad.

They reserved the private rooms for sick people, since it's flu season. I am certainly not sick. I am a little sore, but otherwise, I feel great. I am going home today.
Pink!

samsander
on 11/9/11 8:59 am - CA
Great news, Amber!!!!

Enough of the "good stuff" and I could probably share a room with wild jackels!!!!

Keep up the great recovery!

Mary

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 348 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 333 views