Progress thus far,,,,

inmyownskin
on 11/10/11 5:46 am - Westbury, NY
Ok so Monday will be 1 month since having the RNY and today I finally had an ah-ha moment.  For the past couple days I have felt like nothing can stay down and I constantly have to go throw up.  I am drinking and eating way too fast. I read a previous poster say that and then it dawned on me.  So now I will go much slower even with the pureed food.

Weight hasn't really moved and I am okay with that.  I went for a walk yesterday in the park with my friend.  Tomorrow I go sign up for the gym and I am totally excited about that. 

As far as a job right now, I did get a job offer but I don't think it is for me.  So today I went back to a place I used to work at in college and they have a new store opening up in a couple of weeks.  I went and filled out an application, got an interview, went through the 1st round of testing.  They were very delighted that I used to work there so hopefully all goes well. 

Life in the relationship department is blah right now lol.  So just taking one day at a time.  I am happy with my results thus far and can't wait to see more.  Stay blessed everyone
HW: 293 SW (lap-band 2007): 280 Consult Weight: 264 CW: 214
SW (RNY 2011): 254 Personal GW: 150 Surgeon's GW: 140

summerjay
on 11/10/11 7:40 am - PA
Good Luck with the job!!! I think I eat too fast too and last night I  had this awful feeling, like something heavy was sitting on my chest. I threw up and felt so much better!!! So now I know what happens when I eat too fast, so I'm slow chewing everything now!!! Stay Blessed also :)
inmyownskin
on 11/10/11 7:56 am - Westbury, NY

Thank you sooo much!!! This is definitely a learning process. Hope all goes well with you as well.

inmyownskin
on 11/10/11 7:58 am - Westbury, NY
Oh and also, a friend of mine who has also had surgery just called me about possibly getting a job where she works. She said they just hired someone and they just never came back so there is a spot open.  So maybe instead of one, I may get 2 jobs!

Loveshinesthru
on 11/10/11 9:27 am - Mesa, AZ
 AWesome!

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

lilbear412
on 11/10/11 9:55 am - MN
 i know how you feel...i think it was about 3 weeks after i had surgery i got a job interview for a job i really really wanted.  And i got that job so this process of losing weight for the last month has been spent setting up a new store and training for the opening which unofficially happened yesterday but tomorrow is the grand opening.  i have felt so happy losing the weight and happy getting the job...i hope you feel the same way i do..lol  good luck on the job and the weight loss and exercise and all that.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

inmyownskin
on 11/10/11 10:06 am - Westbury, NY
Thanks so much for the support and encouragement.  Right now just want to get a job, don't really care what it is as long as I'm comfortable doing it and getting paid.  The money will definitely help with getting to the gym and possibly getting a personal trainer. Thanks again everyone!!!

rhondanewme
on 11/10/11 11:12 am - Grantsboro, NC
Sounds like you are doing great. Good luck with the job(s)! As far as weight loss, it was a great help for me to use the graph here on OH. Watching that line go steadily down kept me encouraged through those inevitable times when loss stalled or weight even went up slightly. I knew to expect those things and took it in stride for the most part. Sounds like you did your research too and are "going with the flow". Keep up the good work!
  HW- 297      SW- 280      GW- 178       LW-  184      CW- 190

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...

WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 225 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 233 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 38 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views