frustrated as i can be this morning!!!!!!!!

antonia_p
on 11/13/11 9:17 pm - NJ
i'm so frustrated today.

i KNOW that "everyone loses at their own pace" and "everyone's body is different" BUT i thought at 2 months post-op (RNY)  i'd be down more than 36.5lbs. don't get me wrong, it's great and all, but i'm TERRIFIED that i'm not going to lose "enough" in the super fast stage (the 1st 6 months) and then be stuck still reading at Morbidly Obese (or Obese) on the BMI charts 6 months down the road.

i abstain from crap, measure and weigh EVERYTHING. i've been going to parties lately (like last night) and watch EVERYONE else eat all the stuff i'd LOVE to tear in to, drink and laugh it up. then i love when i'm asked "what's wrong, you're normally so talkative and funny?"..........and i think...really a**hole? i'm watching you shove your face with mashed potatoes, gravy, and everything else on your plate before you chomp down on some "delish" birthday cake........and i get to watch while i eat something i'm not at all thrilled with because it's "safe" for me to eat while i'm out (while i watch the clock to make sure i don't go over my 30minute limit and pray i don't get sick while away from home).  You're right....... i'm greeeeeeeeeat.

Every day is a test....choose wisely! 
Vivian Prouty
on 11/13/11 9:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I am SO sorry that you are going through this.   Plateau's are part of the process.    Make sure you are exercising or walking along with healthy, good choices.      I bet you are dropping clothing sizes.  That is usually what is happening when the scale stops moving.   Try not to stress out too much about what people are eating.    In time you will also be able to eat more food and enjoy some of the things that you enjoy.....make sure though that they are prepared in a  healthy way for you.     Hang in there.....your weight loss is GREAT !!!  Don't compare your WL to others or you will be SO frustrated.    I know I did that and you need to look at the long term picture.    Just make great choices and watch your portion sizes and you will do fine.     Good luck to you and PLEASE don't let the holiday's stress you out.    Remember...they are only ONE day !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 11/13/11 9:34 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
You have the rest of your life to lose weight...remember that. Maybe work on finding gratitude for what you have rather than what you don't. That helps me when I'm afraid or feeling angry. It wasn't a race to get obese so why is it a race to lose? I had to ask myself that question and I realized something important: I have to live my entire life like this. I have to let go of my food obsession. I have to remember that if I want to keep the weight off I can't ever go back to the way I was. That's a hard thing to accept and some days I'm OK with it and others are more of a challenge. My advice would be to step away from the scale and focus on living your life not weighing it to determine your happiness. Until then, keep posting to help you down your path. We all really know where you are and how you feel- I promise. I hope it gets better soon! :)

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
laura_vermont
on 11/13/11 10:05 pm
I've spent the last 10 days hanging with my new post-op daughter.  She is having major food issues - with regrets now too.  She wasn't feeling like it's worth it.  But it will be.  Soon, you'll be far enough along in the process to join in with food related festivities.  Personally, early out I ordered a drink and talked a lot more.  For me, it filled in the pauses where I'd otherwise be chewing. 

As for your weight loss - you're doing awesome.  I peeked at my "before" picture (I wrote all my monthly losses on the back of it) to see where I was at by the end of month #2.... I was down 28ls. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

kellyl1202
on 11/14/11 12:12 am
I'm 9 weeks out -had surgery on 9/12 and have lost 36 lb post op-sounds like you are doing pretty well to me!
Keep up the good work!
Dan OBrien
on 11/14/11 1:05 am - FL

Relax and stay off the scale if you're getting frustrated.  I just got through one of those months.  In November so far I have lost twice what I lost the entire month of October.  It's frustrating, but you will start moving again.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

antonia_p
on 11/14/11 1:37 am - NJ
 thank you all for writing to me. it really helps to throw it out into the internet-universe and have people ACTUALLY listen and comment!

THANK YOU :)

i know it's going to be a battle and for the most part i've been ok...but i guess after it builds up a bit that's when i blow up and become "food angry". i'm starting to realize after being around groups of "normal people" in "normal situations" like parties and such I become the angry me for a day or so.

i'm also at a point where i'm TIRED of the foods that i have been able to tolerate and the way they've been prepared so far. i'm afraid to try new ones to see if I can have them but right now I feel forced to take that step b/c i'm just not enjoying what i AM having. i know that I need to enjoy what I can eat or that's going to mean trouble down the road.

Thanks again for the pep talks... Lord knows i need them!
(Oh and thanks for checking your weight loss progress for me) I LOVE the idea of writing it on the back of pictures. I've been writing mine on my calendar so I can keep track.
 Every day is a test....choose wisely! 
Jenny_D
on 11/14/11 1:42 am - Canton, GA
At two months out I was down 33 pounds. You are doing awesome.

We all go through it, and I know what you mean about the first 6 months. Everyone says it's the time to maximize your weight loss before the weight loss slows down. So if it slows down DURING those 6 months, WTF do you do then?!?

You keep going. And you look at the big picture.

When you break it down by month, my loss has seemed "slow":

Pre-op: 14 lbs
June: 22 lbs
July: 11 lbs
August: 16 lbs
September: 7 lbs
October: 8 lbs
Nov. so far: 3 lbs

But when you add it all together, I've lost 81 pounds in 5.5 months. That's freakin' awesome!

Now for the cliche phrase...Weight Loss is a journey, not a destination.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

waitingtoexhale69
on 11/14/11 3:12 am - IL

HEY yes everyone loses at different rates, and yes it's difficult not to compare to others.  But as you will hear a thousand times over everyone loses at their own pace.  We all didn't gain at the same rate.  I know when ever i hit my plateau i will probably flip out as well.  But i will try to focus on other things and concentrate on other aspects of my life.  Easier said than done, right?  Well i try to remember as long as i'm not gaining i'm satisfied with that.  Take care of your self and go easy.  You will lose because you are not consuming the amount of calories and massive amounts as before the surgery.

ShebasMom
on 11/14/11 4:58 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I've read that the average rny loses 3-5 lbs a week for the first 6 months. And according to that, you are averaging > 4 lbs a week. That is great!
Due to a knee injury and being able to walk for exercise, I've lost 27 lbs in 10 weeks, which is 2.7 lbs a week. After I realized that this was slightly below average with decreased activity, I quit worrying. Now that I've had surgery, it's only going to increase my weight loss once I can increase my activity! But either way, I'm going to enjoy the journey!

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views