Medication post-surgery.

foundthesun
on 11/15/11 2:00 am, edited 11/15/11 2:08 am - NJ
 I finally wa**** by my annual sinus infection finally - the first after my surgery. What would you guys suggest I take as a sinus medication? I have antibiotics and something for my cough that my doctor gave me when I went yesterday, but he also suggested I go for something over the counter to help with being so stuffed up. He admitted he wasn't sure if what he suggested off the top of his head was good for bypass, which...does not help me.  Does anyone have any suggestions for nasal decongestion that are safe for us post-ops? He mentioned Zyrtec, which I actually have in the house, but I am wary of taking it unless I'm sure I'll be okay. My surgeon doesn't work on Tuesday, otherwise I would've called, haha.

I'm nearing six months out, if that matters at all.

jkay05
on 11/15/11 2:39 am
Sinus infection would require an Rx med right to clear up the infection? But for just reg sinus allergies I am cleared for Allegra D.12...But that is me.

foundthesun
on 11/15/11 2:42 am - NJ
 Yes, as I said, I went to the doctors yesterday and was given a script for antibiotics to help me get over the illness. But the doc said taking something over the counter would help lessen the symptoms, which is what I'm asking for. I'll take a look into Allegra then, thank you. :)

krissaleigh
on 11/15/11 5:34 am
I take Zyrtec!
Sara L.
on 11/15/11 7:20 am
I take claritin reditabs, they dissolve in my mouth.

iowa_missie74
on 11/15/11 9:57 am - IA
I am prescribed Zyrtec everyday for allergies and it helps greatly when I get a cold or sinus stuff.

qnmimi
on 11/15/11 1:08 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I've used dayquil, and nyquil, and take daily zyrtec for allergy symptoms. I look for aspirin/ibuprofen free products. Ask your pharmacist to help decipher the drug labels...they are a great resource!

Most Active
Recent Topics