Taking vitamins/supplements: swallowed not eaten

ElleBW
on 11/17/11 2:12 pm - WA
I'm not doing well at keeping up with all my supplements so I tried Celebrate multi capusule. It is pretty big, but I placed the pill in water until the capsule looked squishy and then I took it. No problems whatsoever!

Would love any suggestions for small, swallowable pills. I am also considering the gummy vitamins many people seem to get at Costco. Are they semi-tasty???

Thank you!

Elle BW
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.                                                                                        
                                                                                               Paulo Coelho    

poet_kelly
on 11/17/11 3:49 pm - OH
The gummy vites are usually pretty tasty because they are more like candy than vitamins.  They have plenty of sugar and they are missing some of the important B vitamins and minerals like zinc, copper, selenium, potassium, magnesium, etc that don't taste so good.  Please don't consider those.  Look for a good adult vitamin with 100% of the RDA of most things, as recommended by the ASMBS.

Do you feel like soaking the capsule until it was squishy made it easier to swallow?  It's hard to find a really small multi because to put all the stuff in there that is supposed to be in there, it has to be fairly big.  You can certainly soak it if that helps you.

For small swallowable pills, I don't know of a multi or calcium that I would really consider small.  Citracal petites are smaller than regular sized Citracal but they still aren't tiny and you need eight to ten of them a day.  I take Sundown perfect iron and it's tiny, and my D3 and vitamin A are small capsules.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ElleBW
on 11/18/11 3:11 am - WA
Will avoid the gummys. Where did you find the Sundown iron? Thanks Kelly!
poet_kelly
on 11/18/11 3:31 am - OH
I order it on drugstore.com but you might find it in local stores.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Terrilmk
on 11/17/11 4:18 pm - SC
 Celebrate makes a tasty bariatric chewable too. Its what I will be taking pot op.  They are mandarin orange flavor if i remember right.  I took a bottle pre op to use it up after my surgery was postponed earlier this year,
 HW 240 SW 224 CW 167          
Mary Catherine
on 11/17/11 6:02 pm
 Celebrate are easy to chew and taste great.  Something in them gave me an incredible amount of gas for hours after I took them. I switched to Centrum.  I don't have the old bottles but wonder if they used to have sugar alchohol and don't anymore.  
H.A.L.A B.
on 11/18/11 1:45 am
LOL.. some of them have SA -  I can't take them either...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

takqia1
on 11/17/11 8:14 pm
I take vitafusion multivites gummy vitamins for adults just 3 grams sugar and 15 calories sold at Walmart less than $7. I do like them. My dietician recommended mostly Fusion products that are sold at the hospital or online I spent almost $70 for my first 3 months worth looking into diffrent options too.
poet_kelly
on 11/17/11 9:03 pm - OH
So do you take extra B vitamins and vitamin K and extra minerals since your gummies don't have those?

emt_amy
on 11/17/11 8:58 pm - MN
Just fyi....I was told that gummy vitamins do not exit our pouches very well. They just sit there and don't dissolve. They also collect various stuff while sitting. I take onesource women's multi. It's at Walmart for 6 bucks and is relatively easy to swallow. No taste whatsoever.

Most Active
Recent Topics