9 weeks out & suddenly having hard time eating

Pamela1963
on 11/21/11 11:40 am - MA
I've had no issues with any new foods and I haven't had anything that I've been unable to tolerate. But over the past week, I have totally lost my appetite. The thought of food just turns my stomach. When I eat or drink anything, I get the "watery mouth" feeling (like before you vomit) but I don't vomit. I sometime get chest pains. I AM eatling slowly and I AM chewing very very well so I don't understand why this is happening. Sometimes, these symptoms come hours after I've eaten/had a drink. I just dread putting anything in my mouth because it constantly happens. Has this happened to anyone else?? If so, any advice??

Michelle E.
on 11/21/11 12:08 pm

I get a "watery mouth" when something gets stuck.. you might have a stricture..its very painful.. you probably need an Endoscopy to see if you need you stoma dilated.. I had a stricture 2xs..

Michelle

Pamela1963
on 11/21/11 12:12 pm - MA
Thank you. I will call tomorrow. I also notice a constant dull pain in the pouch area so I could be something more serious. Better to be safe than sorry!

poet_kelly
on 11/21/11 1:11 pm - OH
I am guessing not a stricture, since it often happens hours after you've eaten and since you have a constant dull pain.  I would definitely call the doc in the morning.  I don't know what it might be but I don't think it's normal.  And you're going to get dehydrated if you're having trouble drinking, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RonSudol
on 11/21/11 7:38 pm - NJ
actually i had the same sensation about 8 weeks out.. maybe even 8.5. and it still happens a little.. i feel like after 3-4 weeks, i got an apetite back, and now after 8.5 weeks, it has dissappeared again.   was told this has happened to a few people..

certain things i was able to eat a few weeks ago, i lost a taste for. or just dont want to eat.. maybe its all in our heads, hehe.. but i have been feeling fine. no pains. i dont think its a stricture.. i had 2 episodes of throwng up, but i think i just ate too fast.. . no pouch pain otherwise...anybody else? now im curious!

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

Marianne H.
on 11/21/11 10:24 pm - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15
Yes! Mine is weird. I am at 8 weeks today. I feel slightly nauseated when I do eat, really have no appetite to speak of, and two bites seems to fill me up. I am NOT interested in eating at all. I do sometimes get the watery mouth feeling too but (knock wood) have not thrown up. I eat slowly, chew it til it is water, and belch if need be. I don't get it? I don't feel awful...just not so good if I eat at times. I can drink just fine. If I haven't eaten in a while I don't have any issues. I wish I understood this new body better 

Pamela1963
on 11/22/11 12:41 am - MA
Hi Marianne! I'm so glad that I'm not a crazy hyperchondriac!!! I also forgot to mention that I get a dull burn/pain in the pouch area that always seems to be there. Do you get that?? I called the surgeon's office this morning and will let you know what I find out.

Changes2011
on 11/22/11 3:02 am
I feel exactly the same way.  I'm 9 wks out and have no interest in food. I also feel nauseated all day everyday...it gets worse when I'm trying to eat.  I sometimes feel pain when I eat but not always.  I have wanted to schedule an EGD but not sure if this is what I need.  Totally confused with my body as well.
Marianne H.
on 11/22/11 3:16 am - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15
It sounds like we are not crazy  and this might be the norm as so many of us are going through the same thing. I feel like I am having to learn and relearn everything each day. Last week I had gas trapped high up in my chest and it hurt when I would draw a deep breath. It has worked its way out and now feels fine. At the time I was really worried about what might be wrong with me! I think we are still quite early in the process, still healing, and still figuring out what each feeling means. As long as I am not having severe pain, and can eat and drink i won't complain. But if you are the least bit unsure or cannot get in your fluids or protein, it is time to call the doctor.That is when I will be calling for help!

Ellfam5
on 11/23/11 12:05 am
I had something sounding pretty close to this at 12 weeks out, endoscopy found a couple staples wedged in my puch. Removed, iv antibiotics and I was back on track again. Hope you get it figured out very soon. Dont get discouraged!

Most Active
Recent Topics