1 year surgeriversary!!!!

moniquemason928
on 11/21/11 1:38 pm - deland, FL
Well my 1 year was nov 18th and since then the only one *****membered was me...i have a friend who had her 1 year in feb and we made a big deal out of it took her out brought her gifts a whole celebration ...but when it was my time i didnt even get a text or facebook comment ; ( i guess i see *****ally cares about me oh well to hell with them all....Im still looking good and doing great havent reached goal yet still have about 30lbs to go but ill get there   GO ME!!!!!

avivaps
on 11/21/11 7:40 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
Congrats on your success.  Sorry your friends haven't been as supportive as you had hoped.  Maybe it is like the second child....the first kid gets the lavish birthday with ponies and bouncy castles...the second gets 3 friends at Pizza Hut :)

Perhaps the novelty has worn off and you were not the first.  If you are feeling hurt, maybe it is worth talking to them about it.  After all, for many of us our eating is about stuffing down our emotions.  Or perhaps YOU can throw the party.  Make a WLS friendly menu and have everyone over who has shown you support during this past year. 

Alternatively, treat yourself to something special (non-food of course)!  A new outfit, a mini vacation, a day at the spa - something to acknowledge this important milestone.

You certainly deserve to celebrate, so go ahead and make it happen!

Andrea.
SweetLilyAnn
on 11/21/11 8:36 pm - TX
Woooo Hooo Congratulations..........1 year. That is impressive. We will celebrate with you!!!! People can be very self-focused. Know that it is not you...it's them. Congrats agaain

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 9:01 pm
Congratulations!!  
mrslatch
on 11/21/11 9:21 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
Awesome! For what is worth no one made a big deal about my 1 year, and to be honest, I wouldn't expect them to. I did this for me, no one else! Be proud of your accomplishment!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

moniquemason928
on 11/22/11 12:11 am - deland, FL
thanks everyone thats how i have to look at it i did this for me not them!!!!!! d
freeme31
on 11/22/11 4:05 am
Congratulations...you look great!
Sam

Most Active
Recent Topics