Sugar Alcohol...oh boy

Dan OBrien
on 11/23/11 5:15 am - FL
I went crazy last night when I went into Walgreens to pick up some D3 and B12...saw sugar free candy and thought, nice treat.  Had two pieces last night and everything was good.  Brought chocolate covered peanuts today and went a little overboard...oh boy!  It was not pretty.  Searched sugar alcohol on OH.  Then I read the other bag from Werthers:  Excess consumption may have a laxative effect. 

Lesson learned.  Everything in extreme moderation!
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

lilbear412
on 11/23/11 5:26 am - MN
 you should post this on the constipation thread.  ha ha...werthers..chocolate covered peanuts..numm.  the only problems i have had with any foods is chocolate..i haven't tried for a month or so now but chocolate milk or hot chocolate (all sugar free) did not sit right in my little pouch.  haven't had any sf candy at all though accept some sf mints.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Carol S.
on 11/23/11 5:49 am - Milwaukee, WI
 Yes, I posted something in a thread called GAS.  

Not pretty.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

michelle.z
on 11/23/11 6:36 am - Barberton, OH
I learned all about sugar free candy a long time ago, even before I thought about WLS! lol Not pretty! Moderation is definitely the key with that!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
H.A.L.A B.
on 11/23/11 8:10 am
that gas, the pain... the runs... ouch...

SA= fart, fart, Oh, **** !!!

The gas pains and the smell,  for me is not worth the treat...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rbednarski
on 11/24/11 5:57 am
RNY on 04/23/10 with
I bet the SA in question was maltitol or something lik it.  Not all SAs are the same.  They are hard to find, but there are sugar free chocolates that are sweetened with erytritol that cause me no such problems.

Highest ever: 390    Weight at 1st appt.: 365   Weight at surgery: 346

Most Active
Recent Topics