Bad Habits creeping up again.

aclay
on 11/28/11 11:09 pm - MA
So I have a bag of Sugar Cookies from the bakery in my car on the front seat (for my works party) not thinking at all....I start going in the bag and eating one.  20 min later do the same thing.  They are pretty big cookies w/all the sugar on top of them also.  That was one of my worst habbits was eating in the car.  I didn't even think about it just started eating them like I used to .  Bigger problem is I didn't get sick or dumping syndrome after eating all that butter/sugar!  I need to get on track I have been noticing alot of carb eating on my part and all my bad habits are coming back full force lately.  Think it's time to visit the NUT and maybe a meeting.  Just venting sorry I feel horrible about eating like that, but I'm being honest does anyone else have "cheat days"? Or should I say days when they know they shouldn't and just eat it anyway?

poet_kelly
on 11/28/11 11:19 pm - OH
I assume everyone  has days like that.  At least if they are more than a few weeks post op.  I posted about how I ate tortilla chips for dinner last night.  Which is an old habit of mine.  Not making proper meals and eating chips out of a bag instead.  It's easy to fall back into old habits.  We practiced them for how many years?  And the new habits we've been trying to develop for a few months or even a couple of years, for me, are still new.

Sounds like you caught the problem quickly.  And you're making a plan to get back on track.  that's what's important.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

steve D.
on 11/29/11 12:03 am - West Fargo, ND
Put the cookies in the trunk the next time.  Eating in the car was always a trigger for me.  I have to be acutely aware and I actually make plans on how I am going to drive without eating. 

Good Luck
Steve

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 11/29/11 12:29 am
Everybody has cheat days - it's human nature. The secrret to success is not that you feel horrible (it happens, don't be so hard on yourself) but that you learned from it. Maybe cookies in the car aren't a good choice. Trunk, fruit for the company party, etc. Find what works for you. Obviously cookies on the front seat are too much of a temptation (they were good though weren't they?)
and move on. It won't defeat your whole weight loss journey, you learned something and it was a treat you won't repeat anytime soon. 

Jen 10 yrs post op-RNY 
hedrider
on 11/29/11 3:06 am - Midlothian, TX
I like the idea of putting them in the trunk.  Or the very back seat if you don't have a trunk.

Better yet, skip the cookies and bring a tray of fruit instead.  You can enjoy that at the party!
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

aclay
on 11/29/11 3:27 am - MA

Pretty bad when I thought I could make it w/them in the front seat for a 45 minute commute!!  I brought them in on another floor for the girls ( so i won't be tempted to get more!!) and at lunch I went to the grocery store and bought a fruit tray....btw GREAT idea!!!  See I was in my old habits and went right for bringing in the junk food!   Got on board as soon as I got to work. 1 slice of wheat toast w/cream cheese, hard boiled egg then coffee w/skim. Lunch was a 22 gram protein  soup of angus chili I found at Whole foods in freezer section. I'm going to gym at 5 w/a friend then a protein shake and late late dinner.  I 'm also gonna make those great chicpeas your always posting about Kelly:)    So I got right on track when I got to work gotta get in that mindset of healthy eating.....  btw the cookies were to die for!!!  LOL

royses1066
on 11/29/11 9:28 am
You can get back on track.  One slip does not equal a fall!  Just regain your footing & carry on.
Roy