Home from the hospital!

MaKimmerly B.
on 12/18/11 3:06 am - Memphis, TN
I finally came home yesterday. So far, everything is ok. The pain is not as bad as I thought it would be. I have one incision that hurts more than the other ones because my surgeon said that she had to go through a lot of muscle tissue. I'm trying to get my protein and fuids in although I don't expect to get it all in immediately after surgery. I'm on the pureed diet so any suggestions will be really helpful. Thanks for all the well wishes and messages. I'll try to keep everyone posted.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/11 4:05 am - AL
Congrats & welcome to the losers bench!! I have been eating chili from Wendys and I add a little cheese to boost my protein and my fluids intake is still up in the air...but you will do fine. This is new to you and it takes time to get adjusted to this new way of eating and drinking...good luck to you. Jessica
bostons4me
on 12/18/11 5:47 am - IL
Congrats.  I can't believe you are on puree food already.  My hubby had surgery on 11/29/11 and he just started puree foods on the 13th.

Barb
MaKimmerly B.
on 12/18/11 1:03 pm - Memphis, TN
Thanks both of you. My surgeon has us starting on the pureed diet on day 3 to 6 weeks out.
Most Active
Recent Topics