loosing my mojo

jennifer M.
on 12/24/11 7:57 am - WV
I am only 2 months post op and I am slipping back into my old habits.  I find myself eating too much at meals, and when I am not hungry, and the wrong type of foods.  I found out that I can tolerate sugar and carbs without cramping or dumping and that is VERY bad for me.  I have only lost 44 lbs and I know that I should be happy for that but.....  I am still in the same size clothes that I was in pre-op and it just upsets me.  I try to look at the bigger picture but I am having a hard time doing so. 

Did any of you (or are you currently) have this problem?  How did (or are) dealing with it? PLEASE HELP
TamaraL
on 12/24/11 8:50 am
i learned early out I needed to measure my meals out.  early out I was only allowed 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup so I carefully measured my protien and vegetables/carbs.  My biggest suggestion is to slow down eating.  Set a egg timer if you need to.  I take a bite every 2 minutes.  Measure your meals.

Eat more frequently.   I am supposed to eat small meals 4-5 meals/day. 

You are doing well to lose 44 pounds in 2 months.  Even though you can tolerate the sugar doesn't mean you should eat it.  Some days I can tolerate it some days I cant.

I dump but not every time. So be careful. Just be more aware you may not have dumped this time but you might the next.

The first 4 months was the hardest for me.  I dumped on carbs, fried food, and sweets. 

Tamara

Hattie T.
on 12/24/11 1:14 pm - Denver, CO
Jennifer, in addition to Tamara's suggestions, make sure you are getting in exercise every day.

Good luck,
Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
poet_kelly
on 12/24/11 1:29 pm - OH
You have "only" lost 44 pounds?  Um, how much did you expect to lose in just two months?  44 pounds is EXCELLENT in only two months, faster than many people, for sure.

As far as the other issues, well, they operated on your stomach.  An operation on your stomach is not going to automatically changed your food choices and it's not going to make you start only eating when hungry.  Those issues are in your head, not your stomach.  Unfortunately, there is no operation that will fix those things.

I dealt with it, and am still dealing with it, but going to therapy, by participating in a support group for RNY patients, by trying to stop and think before I eat and asking myself if I am hungry or if I am feeling something else that would be better dealt with another way, by measuring my portions, by keeping "trigger foods" out of the house.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

newmerightnow
on 12/24/11 3:13 pm - AK

Love the advice Kelly. It is good to hear from someone that is so far out and doing well.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views