Bucket LIst

mellasmomma0709
on 12/30/11 12:01 am - IL
Ok we all have one and here lately I have been really thinking about mine.My weight held me back from doing so many things.Or even trying.I am ready to do as much as I can and expieriance as much as possible.This sunday Im doing a Polar Bear Plunge to raise money for abused animals.Im super excited,I would have never even considered anything like this before.So some of mine are....

*Swim with dolphins
*Wear a bikini
*ziplining
*skydiving
*skiing(snow kind and water)
*Visit Australia
*drink beer in Ireland
*Run a marathon
*Ride a horse...and let it run.I have rode a horse but only let it walk.I wanna run free
*Meet someone famous

Thats just a few.I hope some of yours will be added to mine.We only live once right...lets live up our new lives to the fullest!!!!
Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
Bralen
on 12/30/11 12:27 am
I've always been the kind of person who  lives their bucket list right now. If not, I wouldn't ever get to doing those things. It's not always easy but all it takes is time to plan.  This year my bucket list items are dirt bike riding in the desert and skeet shooting. For next year or the year after, it is going to Alaska in our motorhome for 6 weeks. (That one has taken 2-3 years of planning)
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
JerseyJim
on 12/30/11 12:44 am - Sayre, PA
I'm not really a bucket list kind of guy, and really try to live my life for the moment. I've vacationed to just about everyplace around the world that interests me, but I'd love to do Paris again.  My wife and I went there a few years ago for 11 days.  We stayed right in the heart of the city, and along with NYC it's my favorite place to be.  Unfortunately, at nearly 400 lbs, my ability to enjoy the city to its fullest was compromised.  This time around, I'd like to spend more time walking and less time drinking wine in the cafes. LOL

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/11 12:53 am
On December 30, 2011 at 8:44 AM Pacific Time, JerseyJim wrote:
I'm not really a bucket list kind of guy, and really try to live my life for the moment. I've vacationed to just about everyplace around the world that interests me, but I'd love to do Paris again.  My wife and I went there a few years ago for 11 days.  We stayed right in the heart of the city, and along with NYC it's my favorite place to be.  Unfortunately, at nearly 400 lbs, my ability to enjoy the city to its fullest was compromised.  This time around, I'd like to spend more time walking and less time drinking wine in the cafes. LOL
 Maybe you can walk with the wine!  LOL
Regnu
on 12/30/11 2:14 am
Always wanted to try scuba diving!
Lori320
on 12/30/11 7:22 am
My bucket list includes driving a stock car. I can fit thru the window now......

Lori
Highest Weight 403

missjann
on 12/30/11 9:34 am
Wow- all you adventurous types will have to write about your travels and
adventures for me. I am a nester...not an adventurer....never have been.
Given that, I have a small bucket list.
Take big sis to Alaska
Take whole lot of grandkids to Disneyland
Take a road trip across US

The rest of the time I pretty much live my dreams. I'm happy, content
and blessed and my wls has allowed me to live more comfortably,
work in my little hobbit house and yard all day without a break, and
well....just live.

Good luck to everybody and I hope all your dreams and ambitions
come true!
    Jan

Poe2004
on 1/1/12 12:53 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I'm re-inventing my bucket list .... There were things I wanted to do, but couldn't because I was too big.

Swimming with dolphins was on my list.  I did it a couple of years ago, and it was AWESOME.  My only complaint is the life jacket they has was too small for me, so I was very uncomfortable.  I will deffinately go back, once I'm smaller.

new to my list  for when i'm post surgery

~ White water rafting
~ Participate in Burning Man (camping/art festival in the Black Rock Desert)
~ learn to downhill ski
~ Take up ice skating again (my ankles can't support me because of my size.  I havn't been able to skate in over 15 years.)

These are just a few of the things I've added to my list since deciding to have WLS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views