I can't believe how delicious protein hot cocoa is!!!!!!!!

Erin M.
on 1/1/12 9:02 am - VA
 first of all.....Nik YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!! 

Anywho, I just had surgery 3 weeks ago and I have choked down my proetin shakes every day and today I found out how delicious they can be! I checked out Bariatric Foodie to see if you had any genius ways to help me, and I am truley amazed. I made the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and I feel like I really indulged at Starbucks or something! That protein smell and taste that puts me off so much were completely gone! I think Bariatic Foodie just became my new BFF and thank you soooooooooooo much!!!
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

So ready to start my new life !!!!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/1/12 9:04 am - Baltimore, MD
Glad you liked! Don't drink salted caramel every day though. Sal****er retention = scale hell.

I think Torani makes a sugar-free salted caramel syrup but I'm not sure on the sodium count.

So all that is to say check out more of the hot recipes on the blog! And rotate!
Erin M.
on 1/1/12 9:19 am - VA
Thank you for the reminder that the salt will not be good on a daily basis lol. I think I would like it just as much with just the caramel. I definitely will be investing in more torani and/or davinci syrups. I just wish they sold more flavors in stores as opposed to online. 

I think I will be working my way through your list of hot recipes. Thank you so  much for your suggestions! Your blog is absolutely fabulous and sooo helpful to a newbie like me :)
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

poet_kelly
on 1/1/12 9:20 am - OH
I love hot protein drinks, too.  I drank pumpkin spice protein lattes every day for about a month, until I finally got sick of them.  I wanna do a peppermint mocha but have to get some peppermint syrup.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Erin M.
on 1/1/12 9:38 am - VA
 mmm that pumpkin spice sounds wonderful! I have to say I missed my pumpkin pie this christams lol. Do you have a recipe by any chance?
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

poet_kelly
on 1/1/12 9:59 am - OH
I mix about two ounces of soy  milk with a scoop of protein powder in a little cup and stir it until it makes a paste.  I heat about eight ounces of water in the microwave and then pour the protein paste in slowly and stir stir stir.  I add a spoonful of instant decaf coffee and a ahake or two of pumpkin pie spice.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/1/12 9:46 am - OH
I was never into taking time to make complicated protein concoctions, so I have just been adding protein powder (chocolate, vanilla, or unflavored) to regular SF hot chocolate mix almost every morning (except during the very hottest summer weather) for three years now.  Since I am so far out, it is the only way I use protein powder these days, but I don't notice the protein in it at all... and I am NOT a fan of the protein shakes... never have been.

I also add some Upcal D calcium powder and some Benefiber to it, so it ends up having a lot of nutritional "punch" for "just hot chocolate"!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

wendydettmer
on 1/1/12 9:56 am - Rochester, NY
I love them too. I also want to get some sugar free syrups to put in them to jazz them up!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

poet_kelly
on 1/1/12 10:32 am - OH
Now you got me in the mood for a hot drink.  One of my other favorites, made with Optimum Nutrition Caramel Toffee Fudge protein powder, some soy milk, some water, instant coffee and a little splenda.  And tonight, Miralax.  Yum!

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 11:25 am
Wow, I'll have to try those.  I gave up on the protein whey shake mixtures I got from GNC and Walmart and have been just drinking Atkins shakes.  Thanks for the tip!
Most Active
Recent Topics