5 days out and I'm hungry!!!!!

Ellen J.
on 1/4/12 9:08 am - Adrian, PA
 I had RNY on Friday Dec 30. I'm feeling great! No pain at all...but, every time I see something I'm not allowed to eat I crave it fiercely. To the point I am down right angry. For example, my husband is sitting beside me eating and I want to wrestle the meatloaf out of his hands. Is this normal? I'm sure it's just "head hunger" but will it ever stop? I'm so afraid that I'm going to binge and either cause complications or sabotage my weight loss. 

I'm on my way to a new me!               
nfarris79
on 1/4/12 9:10 am - Germantown, MD
 Totally normal. As normal as post-op hormones can allow your brain to be. Welcome to the roller coaster!! But believe me, binging will NOT feel good - you'll be in a world of pain if you push your body to eat something you're not really ready for.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

helainy
on 1/4/12 9:11 am - MD
No I think is normal i had my surgery on 12-29-11 and my family had a party new years eve at my house and i almost lost it, there was so much food and i was drinking chicking broth drove me crazy but its getting better. Am even cooking for my family and i don't even think about it any more. Good luck
poet_kelly
on 1/4/12 9:18 am - OH
Use this as an opportunity to find ways to deal with your feelings other than eating.  I know, it's hard.  So you feel angry.  What are the things in life you're angry about?  How can you deal with that anger other than trying to pu**** away or eating?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LizMeh
on 1/4/12 10:35 am - VA
RNY on 12/22/11 with
I had my surgery 12/22/11 and I dealt with some of the same issues starting on day 4 about. The clear liquid diet just really killed me. Once I was able to add full liquids like yogurt and cream of wheat it really helped because I started to feel full. I'm still having some issues with head hunger but being able to be full really helps. Not that I was hungry, but I sure wasn't full!
hockeymom8016
on 1/4/12 8:26 pm - NJ
You just think you want it.  You used the word "crave" and that is exactly what it is.  I told my husband that he was in charge of meals after my surgery until I felt I could handle it.  I stayed away from the dinner table for about 2-3 weeks.  While I still had cravings, I was far enough away from the foods I was craving that I was able to combat them easier.  .

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 257 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 511 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 582 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 305 views
Recent Topics