Which unflavored protein powder to buy?

betis
on 1/7/12 10:21 am - MA
Hello!
I have been searching the Internet and have come across GNC's Pro Performance® 100% Whey Protein - Unflavored and Unjury.... Which do you all prefer?
Thanks!
Sonogrrl
on 1/7/12 10:24 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I haven't tried it yet but have read many posts about how great "Any Whey" is...saw it on amazon.com
sccuddlers
on 1/7/12 10:26 am - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
 I've been using Nectar Unflavored. I like it better than Unjury.
~Kimberly  visit me at learn.love.live.

The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes ~
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

cj1974
on 1/7/12 10:29 am
I'm not a big fan of the unflavored Unjury.  You can only put it in things up to 130 degrees and I don't like lukewarm soup.  I switched to the "Any Whey" by Optimum Nutrition and I really like it.  You can cook with it, put it in hot liquids, etc.  I got it off Amazon.  Good luck!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/8/12 1:55 am - OH
 If you heat the items until they are warm, add the protein powder, and then slowly heat and stir, you can get it to more than 130 degrees.  I like my hot chocolate to the point where it is almost too hot to drink and I put Unjury (usually the Chocolate Splendor or Vanilla rather than unflavored)in it almost every morning.  I do the same with tomato soup and the unflavored.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

tressie007
on 1/7/12 10:28 am
I have used the gnc unflavored and it worked really well and was much much much more tolerable than many others I have tried....I'd mix the scoop with a little water and then add it to whatever I was drinking healthy harvest apple juice,diet cranberry juice,sugarfree hot chocolate or coffee w some sugarfree hazelnut syrup and it worked well....
sknd34
on 1/7/12 12:30 pm - West Fargo, ND
I use ON 100% whey protein - unflavored that I get at GNC. I know other places also sell it. A local grocery store sells it in their health food section.  Some people think that you can't mix protein into hot drinks. However, I use it in hot drinks all the time and it is fine. What you have to do is take about 1-2 oz of water and dissolve the protein in this first and then add it to your drink/soup and stir in. If you do not dissolve it first, then do not add it to liquid hotter than 130 degrees or you will have a clumpy mess of protein.
I normally start the day with a small bowl that I put a scoop of unflavored protein powder in. Throughout the day, I will add a teaspoon or two to whatever I'm eat. This ends up being an additional 24 grams of protein throughout the day.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
wvugal89
on 1/7/12 12:47 pm - MD
I am in love with Unjury protein. I have the chicken soup, unflavored and cheese flavored. I love cheese and this protein allows me to feel like i am normal. I also have the vanilla which you can put into totally flat diet orange soda and its like a creamsicle. It all comes down to personal taste though my surgeon gave me a list of allowable and not allowable proteins.

Teri-Lynn
POI

cebryon
on 1/7/12 12:57 pm - NE
RNY on 01/04/12
What do you mean by allowed and not allowed proteins? I know were not suppose to have collagen but besides that is there something more?

wvugal89
on 1/7/12 1:15 pm - MD
At the University of Maryland Medical Center when you go in for your final bloodwork, meet anesthesia, etc. You have a two hour mandatory review of everything the surgery entails and what you need every step of the way. You also have to take a true false exam on roux n y and pass it with 70 %. They gave me an 85 page handout that I consider my bypass bible. In it was a four page list of acceptable protein and unnaceptable protein. I felt like everytime I had a question I could go to me book. They also gave me a shopping list for all stages after surgery.

Teri-Lynn
POI

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 238 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 97 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 237 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?