1 1/2 weeks out and barely any weight loss

Ellen J.
on 1/10/12 11:58 am, edited 1/10/12 11:59 am - Adrian, PA
Had RNY Dec 30 and so far I've only lost about 10 pounds. My weight seems to be really up and down too. For example. I weighed 218.6 yesterday and today I'm 223. What the heck??? Is this normal? Am I one of those people that RNY doesn't work for? I've felt great from the beginning. To the point that I wonder if they did the surgery. LOL  Hardly any pain. No problems getting in my fluids. I'm following the rules. What's wrong with me???
BWB
on 1/10/12 12:01 pm
No, that is normal. You had IV fluids and liquid diets so you may still be retaining fluids. It will start to come off.
ShebasMom
on 1/10/12 12:16 pm
Revision on 07/05/16
There is nothing wrong with you. Everyone has these same feelings. You're having normal fluid fluctuations. Try to weigh yourself once a week, preferably in the morning before you eat. You will stress yourself out by weighing frequently. Also avoid the scale around your menstral cycle. Because your pouch is like a funnel, fluids are going to run through. Also some of the nerve endings were severed when your stomach was cut for your pouch and you're not going to feel pain or fullness in the beginning. That is why you will need to measure your food.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

poet_kelly
on 1/10/12 12:52 pm - OH
What's wrong with you?  You're getting on the scale too often and you might also have unrealistic expectations.  It sounds like you've lose one pound a day so far.  How many pounds a day did you expect to lose?  How many pounds a day did your surgeon say you should expect to lose?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kelliejean
on 1/10/12 8:50 pm - NY
My surgery was 12/29 and I feel the EXACT same wasy as you do. I lost 12 the first week and nothing since. I as well have pondered the thought if they really did the surgery as well :)

Donna D.
on 1/10/12 9:47 pm - Cockeysville, MD
Hey Ladies I had my surgery on Dec 29th as well, and I feel like---- did they even do a surgery on me! I am happy that my surgery went so well, and we don't want all of the complications, that come from having surgery, so I guess we should consider ourselves blessed! I have only loss 10lbs since surgerytoo, but my husband, weighed me in the bed when I cam out of surgery(He did it with out me knowing), and he told me later on after I got home that I weighed 338lbs, which was my staring weight back in March 2011 when I started this journey. The day of surgery I weighed 316.5. I had lost weight doing the months of my pre op diet. So you see all of the water weight gain that you can pick up after surgery is crazy!! So be thankful, and don't worry our weight will start to fall off!! Good Luck!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 503 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 575 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 295 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 10 views