light headed while shower????

new_me_121911
on 1/22/12 4:42 am - Eudora, KS
 Everytime I've taken a shower after surgery I get really light headed and dizzy and feel like I'm going to faint. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so is there anything I can do so I won't feel like fainting everytime I take a shower?

poet_kelly
on 1/22/12 4:45 am - OH
Is that the only time you get dizzy?  Often, dizziness is caused by not getting enough liquids.  But if it only happens in the shower, I'm wondering if the water is too hot for you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

new_me_121911
on 1/22/12 4:54 am - Eudora, KS
I usually get dizzy when my blood sugar gets to low but that hasn't happened recently. I take showers after I eat because that's what I thought was causing it but it might be that the water is to hot.

Kaoz789
on 1/22/12 5:05 am
 I get dizzy in the shower too.

When I was taking the blood thinners, I would take my shot after my shower, that helped a lot. Also, while showering and I start to feel faint, I turn the water temp down.

Immediately after surgery it was set to pretty much room temp, except for hair shampooing at the beginning, but it seemed to help.

As I started excersizing and building back up to being able to stand for longer and do more with out tiring out, my shower temperature started to go back up and I was able to spend longer in them.

Also, I *did* have problems with baths. They made me very nauseous. but again, as I'm able to do more they get easier to handle.

Hope it helps!

new_me_121911
on 1/22/12 5:10 am - Eudora, KS
I'll have to lower my shower temp and hope that works *ugh* i hate cold showers! I got in the hottub but can't stay in it for more than around 10 15 minutes but I couldn't stay in it tht long before surgery either.

poet_kelly
on 1/22/12 5:31 am - OH
Don't make it cold, just not hot.  Kind of lukewarm.  I know, not the most fun.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ShebasMom
on 1/22/12 5:11 am
Revision on 07/05/16
After I had surgery, I would get dizzy in the morning with my showers. My doctor said my glucose was probably low. At that time, I was on the liquid diet and I hadn't drunk anything before taking my shower. So I waited to shower in the afternoon or after drinking my liquids, including protein for 2-3 hrs. This helped a lot. When I advanced to soft foods at 3 weeks, I didn't have any more problems.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

tahoelady1958
on 1/22/12 6:24 am - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12
im feeling this way more often than shower time. i reckon my body has NEVER gone this long without sugar. lol
Rita

mustangmama
on 1/22/12 6:30 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
I love taking hot showers and I too have experienced the feeling you described...I've had to sit down in the shower on more than one occassion.  I recall this happening on-and-off from the time I was in my teens.  

I don't know if you're on high blood pressure medication, but I found it happened alot more frequently when I was taking medication because my blood pressure would drop too low.  I still take hot showers, but just not as long.  My doctor told me it's common for people's blood pressure to drop while taking hot showers.

franRN76
on 1/22/12 3:20 pm - PA
i ahd the same issue for about 3 months.  I think it is bc i was always so easily fatigued and just showering zapped me of my strength.  But also I was alway cold and i love my showers HOT.  Try turning down the ho****er and see if that helps.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 158 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?