lunchables

gmdelacruz09
on 2/21/12 1:34 pm
Hi everyone 1 month out and have a few questions I go back to work tom.. nervous cuz I cant really eat w/out getting sick to my stomach.. so I was think Lunchables do you guys think those are ok for us... and other thing I have these breakfast sandwhichs w/ high in protein and egg whites 210 in carloies do you think the muffin is ok for me 1 month out maybe have... any help would be great ... : ) 

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/21/12 2:14 pm
sorry - what does your doc and nut say?  I was told to stay away from any bread for at least 6 months... Even now - almost 4 years out I don't eat bread.  
I get just meat slices and cheese and make rollups cheese and meat.  Some fesh cucumbers (if allowed).  1 month is really early. I think I was on mushy food only (very soft foods). 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 2/21/12 2:21 pm - OH
If you can't eat without getting sick to your stomach, why would you want to eat lunchables?  I would pick something that is on your doc's plan at one month out and something that doesn't make you sick.  Getting sick at work would be no fun.

Lunchables would not have been on my plan at just one month out.  I guess I could have eaten the meat and cheese but I would have just bought low fat meat and cheese separately and taken that if that's what I wanted to eat.  I would not have been eating muffins that early, either.

What is on your meal plan at this point?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ChristineB
on 2/21/12 8:49 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
I would stay away from Lunchables due to the sodium in the meat. Try making yourself from scratch a breakfast sandwich instead of a prebought one - that is if you can tolerate any type of bread products. And then again I am with the other poster that mentioned staying away from bread products until you are further out.

Think for along the line of cheese chunks, cottage cheese, protein drinks, tuna fish, egg salad, scrambled egg.

You really should get in contact with your doctor's office about the fact that you are still sick to your stomach. I know everyone is different but after a month out it seems a long time to have an upset tummy.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

jazzycatz
on 2/21/12 9:21 pm - Joppa, MD
I couldn't have done lunchables at 1 month out.  I was eating half a veggie burger pattie or cottage cheese with sugar free spaghetti sauce on top and heated.  Egg salad made with greek yogurt instead of mayo, finely mincing the egg. 

And I still can't eat a breakfast sandwich on a english muffin.  I could do half the muffin with the canadian bacon, egg and cheese on top.  Still probably wouldn't eat the whole muffin half.  But bread and the pouch are not close friends. 

If you think you can do deli meats then buy 1/4lb of that and a pack of low fat cheese sticks.  Wrap a slice of  the lunch meat around a cheese stick with maybe some dijon mustard and there you go.  Lot cheaper that way and just as easy. 

Try bariatricfoodie or theworldaccordingtoeggface for simple, easy recipes for all your stages. 

Stephanie M.
on 2/21/12 9:52 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Lunchables are VERY high in carbs and sugar too, so definately not good after surgery. I would really stay away from all three of those things, honestly LOL.

Here are some ideas for what you should have. At one month, I was still on the more limited fazes of the program, so soft things like:

Tuna salad with light mayo
Sugar free pudding and jello
Scrambled eggs with a little low fat cheese
Cottage cheese (you can put salt and pepper, or splenda and cinnamon)
Yogurt (no sugar added)
Skinless chicken or turkey
Baked or grilled fish
Thinly sliced deli meats
Low fat beans
Protein drinks, such as nectar.

You don't want to start out with the carb filled foods, so start with the healthy foods. And talk to your surgeon and nutritionist!

Steph 

hedrider
on 2/22/12 1:32 am - Midlothian, TX
I tried a lunchable for the first time in years a week or so ago.  I buy them for my kids.

It tasted HORRIBLE!  And it was surprisingly high calorie for the contents.  Lots of sodium too.

I know it's convenient, but there are better choices out there - even if you pack your own deli meat and real cheese.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

karlee_evans03
on 2/22/12 1:36 am - cullman, AL
NevillesMom
on 2/22/12 4:14 am - MA
 Save your self money- buy some thinly sliced deli meat and  cheese.  Buy reduced fat.  I love adding mustard or light ranch.  The laughing cow cheeses are great too.  I also think you shoudl be in touch with your nutritionist.  I had a very specific list of things I could eat at different stages and I found that super helpful.  

Good luck!
gmdelacruz09
on 2/22/12 3:07 pm
 thanks for all the info... and another thing I dont have a nut....