SALAD'S 5 WK OUT

gmdelacruz09
on 2/25/12 5:39 am
IS IT OK TO TRY SALADS 5WKS OUT
Christopher S.
on 2/25/12 5:48 am - Medina, NY
RNY on 01/24/12
  I am on mushies and no raw veggies till 8 weeks. At 8 weeks my nut says go slow add one thing at a time to see how it's tolerated don't jump into a garden salad. I want something with some crunch now, but will be waiting for a bit. 

Hope this helps.   

Weight Loss Ticker

Christopher

Nessy2976
on 2/25/12 5:50 am - MD
 I think I would wait.  I love salad and waited until almost 3 months out. Just remember to chew chew chew!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
gmdelacruz09
on 2/25/12 5:53 am
tHANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO EAT FOR LUNCH WAS RUNNING LATE TODAY AND DIDNT GET TO PACK ONE:( 

dori M.
on 2/25/12 6:10 am - MD
 I've been eating salads since about 5wks with no problems

poet_kelly
on 2/25/12 7:29 am - OH
What does your doc's meal plan say?  Mine advised waiting until at least six ways out to eat raw veggies.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hlacy
on 2/25/12 10:17 am - Chandler, AZ
 My surgeon is very progressive food wise, releasing is to all goods BUT raw veggies, corn, grains and caffeine at one week post op. No salads until eight weeks. I'd wait and check with your surgeon.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Arieschick33
on 2/25/12 12:48 pm - Lusby, MD
RNY on 01/17/12
I am 5 weeks out and my nutritionist said I can do salad but only "mushy" raw vegetables, that can be chewed into liquid mush. I.E. Tomatoes, cucumbers. NO raw onion, green pepper, carrots, etc. I haven't tried it yet though.

chatterpam
on 2/26/12 3:57 am - PA
I was not permitted to do salads until 4 months.... and even then it was a struggle. Ask your doctor or your nut.

Most Active
Recent Topics