I got the job!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/26/12 7:16 am - OH
I just wanted to let everyone know that I did get the job doing WLS pre-op psych evals!  It will just be taking up the slack when the primarypsychologist they use gets too backed up, but I am hoping that it might eventually become a permanent position.  I was actually their second choice, but their first choice (a licensed Psychologist) did not want something that would be SO limited at first and would require some evening hours (which fits my schedule just fine).  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/12 7:17 am - waukesha, WI
Congrats!
DaniHappy2Bhere
on 2/26/12 7:21 am
 That is great! Who better to do the work-up's than someone who has been there!  Good for you!
peeches35
on 2/26/12 7:23 am
VSG on 04/03/12
congrats

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

araulscd
on 2/26/12 7:30 am - MO
Congrats Lora!!!

illinois Gama D.
on 2/26/12 7:30 am
That is wonderful news Lora,!!  I know you wanted it, that is great
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/26/12 7:33 am
GREAT. Congratilations.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mskris8199
on 2/26/12 7:35 am
RNY on 03/06/12
That's great!  i'm very happy to hear of someone who has had the surgery doing these evaluations.  My psych evaluation for surgey was scarring and i'm not over exaggerating.  The person that did my psych evaluation left me feeling damaged, defeated and crazy.  The up side, I set up an appt with a great therapist who has been so wonderful.  Sorry a little off topic, but wanted to say that I think it's great! :)
Reel
on 2/26/12 1:27 pm
So my Bariatric Program sends you for an objective psychological eval. Basically after you are interviewed by the psychologist, it's psych testing that you take on an computer while the psychologist is in the room. Since I'm in the behavioral sciences field occuapationally (when I had a job lol), I knew how to answer the questions, for the most part I was honest in my answers, but some answers I deliberately answered the way the question "should" be answered, eventhough I did not necessarily feel that way.

I came to the appointment knowing what I would and would not say, because sometimes I can be a bit oppositional when it comes to folks telling me "how they think I am, and what motivates me", and I was not sure what "angle" this particular psychologist would take.  No time to get into a exchange of philosophical ideas when I was trying to get approved to have a surgery.

At the end of the test the psychologist tells you if he/she believes that you are a candidate for the surgery at this time, and if not; then why.  Generally folks with untreated psychosis, personality disorders or other untreated psychiatric issues are denied surgery or postposponed. There was nothing "scarring" that could have happened in my particular session with the psychologist that I had because it was objective testing, unless i didn't do well on the test and didn't accept the psychologist rational for denying me surgery. Sorry that your experience was so bad.
amn12118
on 2/26/12 7:42 am
Thats great! Congrats!
Most Active
Recent Topics