Crappy day and ate all sorts of crap

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/28/12 12:28 pm, edited 2/28/12 12:34 pm - OH
 This is just sort of a "confession"... and to let newbies know that 1) some of our food demons never completely go away, and 2) if you mess up one day, just get back on track he next day (it is not the end of the world).

I had a really crappy day... It was a REALLY bad day at work (including having to work late to solve an urgent issue and therefore missing my support group tonight), my poor Chow Chow's hips (he has serious hip dysplasia) have been seriously bothering him for the last week causing me to have to contemplate how bad he has to get before I have to make the decision to have him out to sleep (which is going to break my heart since he is less than 2) and I am still experiencing fallout from my PTSD getting amped up by the incident in the ER a couple of weeks ago.

I had my usual heathy stuff in the morning, but I ate way too many crackers with my tuna for lunch, and then over the course of the afternoon I ate two snack size Butterfinger bars, 5 midget Tootsie Rolls, and some jelly beans.  After dinner (which, uncharacteristically, included some pasta) I proceeded to eat all 6 of the Thin Mints cookies that were in my freezer!  No afternoon/evening protein snack even.

It will be back to normal eating tomorrow, but I am just surprised by how much crap I ate and a little bummed that the food demon is still there...

Lora
(edited because half the message didn't post the first time!)

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cdreamyd
on 2/28/12 12:35 pm - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
Like you said just get back on track tomm..I hope things are better... Take care..
LJ1972
on 2/28/12 12:45 pm - FL
Sorry you had a crappy day.... I can relate to the young dog, my Lab has horrible knees.
You can do it, you've done it before. Thanks for posting your "humaness" , it gives me hope.
MomTo3Ds
on 2/28/12 12:58 pm
I hope tomorrow is brighter for you. Tomorrow is a new day!
Lianne C.
on 2/28/12 1:14 pm - Garden City, MI
I too have had a very crappy day, maybe even week (since last Saturday)!!! Got our eviction date yesterday(Michigan is in really really bad economic state, if not more so than others) which set the bad day off last night
I ate McDonald's French fries and half a double cheeseburger, plus I did not get breakfast before heading out the door this morning so I stopped at BK... I got a double croissant sandwich only ate about half of that too!!! Like you said, pick up and get back on track!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/28/12 2:43 pm - OH
I was SO tempted to hit a drive through on my way home from work tonight!  Other than my breakfast and morning snack of Greek yogurt, it was the only decent food decision I made!

Tomorrow is a fresh day.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

exohexoh
on 2/29/12 1:35 pm - West Chester, PA
 i'm right there with you guys, and my day wasn't even bad until around 7 when i talked to my parents and they told me my sister was in the er all day and may need emergency surgery. (she had her tonsils out last week and was throwing up blood clots all day today, she said the first one was about the size of an egg!). but the eating was bad all day. morning was my usual routine, then lunch was wendys chicken nuggets, dinner was tomato soup with cheddar cheese (not so bad). then i ate a bunch of cheese curls and some ice cream. i shouldn't have even brought the last two into my apartment...

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Hattie T.
on 2/28/12 1:24 pm - Denver, CO
Lora and Lianne, Hang in there!

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
seattledeb
on 2/28/12 2:23 pm
 I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. I remember when you got you dog.

On my way out of work I go by the gift shop. They have those little butterfinger bars. On really bad shift nights I pop one or two  of those on the walk to the car. Somedays..you need a butterfinger.

I hope tomorrow (Happy Leap Day btw) is better,
Deb T.

gi_bode
on 2/28/12 5:14 pm
I ate fried chicken today
open RNY December 21, 2010
St. Vincent's Charity Hospital

Most Active
Recent Topics