4 DAYS POST OP

AlyRaeMc
on 4/8/12 8:43 am - Jay, NY
RNY on 04/04/12
I made it!! I was so nervous!! The RNY went amazing. No complications....I stayed an extra day in the hospital b/c I wasn't comfortable coming home with that level of pain so I came home yesterday, even though I was told I could have left Friday! Also the IV meds made me sick so it was a battle with pain and nausea... But I feel a little better each day!!

So far I'm handling foods well. I'm on Stage 3 which is liquids. I have smooth yogurts, Carnation drinks with xtra protein added, and cream soups. Lots of liquids and SF pops :) I can move to purees at 2 weeks post op so that is exciting.  I am able to take my vitamins, the Calc and Multis I am taking chewable BC the other multis make me a bit nauseous. So today I've had everything but my Calcium! WHAT I WOULDN'T DO FOR AN EASTER PEEP! 
I hope everyone is well and is having a wonderful Easter!
Thanks to everyone who gave support

jodisue40
on 4/8/12 8:58 am - OH
RNY on 04/11/12
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my surgery is Wednesday and I hope mine goes that well

AlyRaeMc
on 4/8/12 9:01 am - Jay, NY
RNY on 04/04/12
Thanks!! I'm sure you will be fine. Just follow your dietitian and surgeons orders exactly. I don't care how long it took....I asked questions until I understood everything that was happening! If you don't know, be sure to ask!! You will be great!!! Good luck!!!
JillieJill
on 4/8/12 10:02 am - NJ
 Great to hear. I have had no appetite for sweets, however I can't wait to cruch into a taco and eat a quarter slice of pizza. :)