Surgery was Tuesday, miserable!

Christy L.
on 4/27/12 8:30 am - TN
 Hi all, 

I had surgery Tuesday, was doing great and came home Wednesday. I took liquid Tylenol for pain Wednesday night and was up all night vomiting. Since then no more vomiting but really weak, unable to drink a whole isopure, and having food cravings that make me regret surgery! Maybe junk withdrawals? I'm miserable, weak and wallowing in self pity. 

pagek77
on 4/27/12 8:32 am
I'm sorry to hear that. It does get better so just keep plugging along. If you haven't already called your dr about your vomiting episode, you probably should! The first few weeks it's tough to hit your protein and liquid goals so just do the best you can and like everyone says sip sip sip :-).
rthomas1964
on 4/27/12 8:41 am - Orlando, FL
 I promise it will get better. The first few days I was omg what have I done? But as the days went on it got better. Now I never regret doing what I did. I feel wonderful. So keep sipping and don't give up.

HW: 330 4/2011; pre surgery wt:313; surgery wt: 295

foundthesun
on 4/27/12 8:43 am - NJ
 My first week, especially after I left the hospital, I was a mess. I wasn't vomitting but I WAS on the toliet so often because I also got my gallbladder out and it gave me the runs. Yuck! It gets better as you start to eat more normal foods. And make sure to walk, walk, walk, because some of that pain is likely gas which can't be fixed by painkillers.

Jennifer Ramsey
on 4/27/12 11:33 pm - Southaven, MS
Revision on 04/11/12
Day 3 & 4 sucked for me!! I started feeling better by day 7. It does get better! Hang in there!!
jodisue40
on 4/27/12 8:48 am - OH
RNY on 04/11/12
Hi I am 17 days post op, trust me when i say things will start to look up.....I didn't wonder what I had done but I did wonder how I was going to say no to some of the foods.....I have done just that...when you see the weight start to some off, it makes it much easier
Good Luck to you

poet_kelly
on 4/27/12 8:50 am - OH
Was there sugar in that liquid Tylenol?

I know you feel rotten right now.  I hope you feel better soon, and most likely you will.  Does hot tea or broth help with the cravings any?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Christy L.
on 4/27/12 9:16 am - TN
Yes apparently there was sugar. I didn't think of that but it really didn't settle well at all. I haven't tried hot tea yet. Maybe that would soothe my stomach some. I feel hungry but it's probably spasms making me feel this way. I did let my doctor know about the Tylenol making me sick, they weren't surprised. 
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/12 9:34 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 02/29/12
Hang in there because it does get better.
slashes
on 4/27/12 12:33 pm
Hang in there. I am surprised you were only in the hospital for one day and did they not send u home with other pain meds?
I hope ur  feeling better real soon !!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics