NSV, SV, 2 weeks post-op (Intro)

Iroh
on 5/7/12 1:07 am
RNY on 04/23/12
I don't know where the months have gone, probably the same place the last two weeks went. Lost 20lbs over the four months pre-op (I credit most of that to shaking and moving packing and having an indoor yard sale) which took me to 343. Sugery went great, was discharged a day early, driving a couple days after that.

Liquid diet was awful, but moved to soft foods by my PA last week.  Speaking of driving a few days post-op, I can wear seatbelts now, and the steering wheel doesn't press into my gut! That was a great feeling to realize (although I sit straight up and so far forward with my tiny legs that the belt enjoys digging into my neck).

As for the SV, I'm down to 322lbs, which is mind-boggling: I hadn't thought I'd lost any weight at all! Also, as a somewhat 10-year belated introduction, I've been in the market for RNY since 16 (when we couldn't find anyone to do it) and 20 (when my tests were lost and college swallowed my time****il now. Though I've just lost my insurance (balancing out surgery as my best birthday present ever), I'm looking forward to the journey.

Though not so much the bile salts.

Thanks for looking, and for always being a place I've lurked for information!

Skinnygirlme
on 5/7/12 1:46 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 So happy for you!!! WELCOME!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
mpjones
on 5/7/12 4:28 am
It sounds like you are doing wonderfully well. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!
julieb1256
on 5/7/12 6:56 am - WA
RNY on 07/31/12
Great job! You must be so proud of yourself!
Iroh
on 5/8/12 9:36 pm
RNY on 04/23/12
Thank you so much, and I am, it's hard to wrap my head around, but I am proud of myself so far!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 133 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?