Just a bit of an update.

foundthesun
on 5/7/12 10:43 pm, edited 5/7/12 10:43 pm - NJ
 I've been feeling sick for the last month. After a battery of tests, including a fairly useless ER stay (though I did get a CT scan, which...at least showed there was no blockages at the time). My doctor finally came back after a week gone and has set me up for an ASAP exploratory surgery to check for an internal hernia. I just want to thank everyone for their posts in the past for making me be aware that I needed to be very proactive about this. Even if it turns out it's not a hernia, I will at least have been checked.

My surgery is tomorrow. I'm freaking out a little - surprise surgeries are hard for anyone, but I'm anyone with an anxiety disorder  - but I'm hoping this will find the problem and solve it. And I'm definitely hoping it won't be a long hospital stay. Man, I hate hospitals. 

imgettingfit
on 5/7/12 11:11 pm - Millersville, MD

Wishing you the best and hope it's figured out soon.  Hope the pain meds keep you calm and relieve some of your anxiety...
Height: 5'6" SW: 234 

foundthesun
on 5/8/12 12:53 am - NJ
 I am comforted by the fact I know my doctor is a very good doctor. He doesn't have the greatest bedside manner sometimes and can be super clinical, but he does everything is his power to make sure his patients are OK and that's enough for me. 

Thank you for your well wishes. I hope it's figured out soon too, as it turns out! ;) On the bright side, all this craziness has jump started my weight loss (I had hit a bit of a plateau), so I'm hoping all of this mess will be sorted so I can go back to working out and pushing toward my first goal (which is getting to 160 pounds).

slashes
on 5/8/12 2:31 am
Good Luck and hang in there !!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

foundthesun
on 5/8/12 3:16 am - NJ
 I'm definitely trying to be a trooper about this and just be thankful that if it's that, it was caught early! A huge weight off my shoulders was lifted off today already when I was told my insurance has approved the operation. No more fears of getting a gigantic bill, at least!

Most Active
Recent Topics