Frozen Greek Yogurt?

kathyshrinks
on 5/8/12 12:50 pm - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
Anyone ever make frozen Greek yogurt?  I was thinking about buying an ice cream maker, but not if I can't make anything in it that I can eat.  '

Frozen goodies just sound so good right now! 

Bettisima
on 5/8/12 1:18 pm
Not frozen Greek yogurt, but I make protein ice cream. Shelly has some amazing recipies on her blog, The World According to Eggface.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/9/12 2:57 am - Baltimore, MD
 I second that. Cuisinart owes Shelly some money!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

BWB
on 5/8/12 1:27 pm
Hmmmm, that sounds very good. I have a freezer and will have to try that. I'm thinking that yogurt could be incorporated into it, maybe with almond milk, eggs, and mint flavoring. I've been reading about the bad effects of artificial sweetener....what do you think of Splenda? Truvia? Skimmed milk would make it frosty like a sherbet.

FYI, I've been drinking almond milk more and having less gas.

rockym
on 5/8/12 3:55 pm
I made frozen Greek yogurt using an ice cream maker you place in the freezer.  It was very good, but  I googled to get a receipe before surgery, so it may have had more sugar than I would eat now.

hedrider
on 5/9/12 1:16 am - Midlothian, TX
I just spent $72 on an ice cream maker and an extra bowl from Amazon.  I made my first batch of protein ice cream and it was totally yum.  I don't see why you can't make frozen yogurt in it as well...
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

exohexoh
on 5/9/12 5:18 am - West Chester, PA
 i just saw it for the first time yesterday, and considering i don't like greek yogurt i didn't bother looking at the stats, but apparently ben and jerrys makes some now. i'm sure that stats aren't so good though lol

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Bettisima
on 5/9/12 10:41 am
The Ben and Jerry's stuff isnt significantly different than ice cream. Little more protein, same amount of sugar.
Most Active
Recent Topics