1 week post op

Paige F.
on 5/21/12 9:45 pm - NC
Hi! My surgery was May 14th.  Today I get to start pureed food.  Yeah!!  I'm guessing the best way to get in my protein is to do about 30mg in shakes and the rest in food like cottage cheese, eggs, refried beans, chicken, chesse.  The problem is so far I"ve had terrible gas and I wonder if these foods might aggravate.  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions about the gas?  Does it get better (I Sure hope so!)?  Thanks!
soozieq
on 5/21/12 11:31 pm
Right now, gas is good to have!  I'm 5 weeks out and I'm still telling my husband that. lol

It sounds like you're right on the pureed foods.  You can  have yogurt too.  I buy the single serving cups of Oikos greek yogurt and add in a tsp of Truvia and a Tbsp of Polaner sugar free jelly.  You'd never know it was a diet yogurt.  So delicious.

You can also have Wendy's chili (blended up).  That was a welcome change from chicken and tuna salad, and refried beans.

About your protein shakes, did you mean 30 grams instead of miligrams?  I would bump that up because you won't be able to eat a lot of the pureed foods at this point. You'll fill up quickly -- at least I did.  So I relied on the protein shakes to ensure I had enough protein for the day.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Paige F.
on 5/22/12 1:27 am - NC
Thanks!!  I will try the greek yogurt since it has more protein.  Gas is Good!! LOL
Sarah R.
on 5/22/12 12:36 am
Gas-X strips were my best friend for the first month or so after surgery!

Paige F.
on 5/22/12 1:28 am - NC
I'm sure my hubby will be willing to make a trip to the drugstore on the way home for those!  LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics