CHEATING ON MYSELF...

GeminiSnake
on 5/26/12 9:20 am
RNY on 03/20/12
I've been having chocolate....

I'm so angry..... but more depressed then anything else...

It's not a whole bar of chocolate.. it's like one row from the bar...

and it's dark chocolate if it makes that any better

i have been really on track and this has just started to happen to me....

i have stopped

but just feel like eating that will stop my weight loss.....

.....2 months out
poet_kelly
on 5/26/12 9:27 am - OH
How many calories were in hat one row from a chocolate bar?  Do you really think eating that amount of calories will stop your weight loss for good?  How would that work?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nfarris79
on 5/26/12 9:29 am - Germantown, MD
 A suggestion for a healthier alternative (and there's really nothing intrinsically wrong with an occasional dark chocolate, but as you're noteing - possibly not the best thing to focus on so early out): Power Crunch Choklat - comes in milk & dark chocolate, low in carbs and has added protein!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

littleskie
on 5/26/12 9:46 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
All things in moderation is my mantra. I eat chocolate. I ate some at two months out if I remember right. Was it sugar free chocolate? If not then i'd buy some unsweetened chocolate or some sugar free chocolate chips. With either on you can make cookies or cake or even a type of fudge.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Larry Wassmann
on 5/26/12 10:26 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Your are going to hate  me for this, but you just got to give up the goody mouth. Slippery slope, slippery slope, been there too many times. One cheat, two cheat, three cheats oh what the hell eat it all. That's just me who has had more than one addiction in my life.  

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

IrishIze
on 5/26/12 12:55 pm - NJ
I would have to look at it this way too.  If I could just eat one piece of chocolate, I wouldn't have had to have the surgery.  It's better for me not to start because I just don't know that I could stop.  I've had more than one addiction in my life too....
Irish......  

schouisch
on 5/27/12 2:36 am - Chandler, AZ
RNY on 04/09/12
Amen!
Kelly L.
on 5/26/12 11:43 am - San Jacinto, CA
I eat chocolate..not often, but I eat it. I think that it isn't a great way to live saying that you can NEVER have something that you like. I had one row of a kit Kat yesterday while driving to San Diego .. Now I'm lucky, one row does not become a whole candy bar. And I figure those 50 calories were burnt off by my 3 mile walk on the beach so... I eat chocolate

HW 274. CW 129

happy_baker
on 5/26/12 12:09 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
I eat chocolate when I feel like eating chocolate. I make sure that I only keep sugar free dark chocolate in the house, and I put it in a place that isn't too easy to access.

I got WLS to learn how to enjoy things in moderation. When my stomach was all stretched out and full of junk, it's almost impossible to employ moderation. But now's my chance to embrace that lifestyle, and moderation (to me) includes occasional treats.

If adding chocolate into your day is going to be a regular thing for you, just make sure to balance it. Be sure to count it into your daily calorie budget, and increase your exercise. I'd also take a close, hard look at your pre-op habits and behaviors. If you're the type of person who might end up in trouble giving into regular chocolate cravings, then it might be best to cut it out entirely before it becomes a habit. But you know you best. So do what you know is right. If you are aware of and account for the extra calories, there's no reason it would slow or stall your loss.
Darlene M.
on 5/26/12 2:08 pm
When I feel the need for chocolate, I eat a protein bar.... Premier has Protein bars that are 30 gms of protein and 280 calories...I think they have about 23 gms of carbs but if I am going to eat chocolate, then it is going to have to help me with my protein, and this does.  I buy them at Sam's Club (they have Premier Shakes, ready to drink, that are pretty good, and they have 30 gms of protein, too)  You can get the protein bars at WalMart, but they are more expensive... just a thought!
Most Active
Recent Topics