day 4 liquid diet! :)

courtwillbehealthy
on 5/28/12 7:59 am - burlington, VT
 Did any of you feel SUPER tired? i mean like you just wanted to sleep the whole time? Iv made sure to drink my 3 protein shakes/soup with protein powder (was told to mix and match) and have been snacking on greek Yogurt, pudding, suger free surbert/pops broth and drinking LOADS of water. Meeting my protein goals but i STILL feel like i havnt got sleep in weeks? 

MrsLitch
on 5/28/12 8:12 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I'm on 2 protein shakes and one 4 oz of meat meal a day with 2 sf jello and 2 cups of broth and of course all the water I want... On day 2 I DTed like a drug addict I was in bed curled in a fetal position crying.

On days 3-4 I was tired as all get out by day 5 feeling much better and today it's all good. Just trying to remember to take these vitamins now.

Hopefully you will perk up too!!
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/28/12 8:14 am - burlington, VT
 im glad they do this preop diet. i feel like it lets you know if you can do it after im getting through it i just feel like a zombie. im actually not hungry at all today i just feel tired. thank you so much for your post! :) 
MrsLitch
on 5/28/12 8:58 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
the nurse said in addition to doing it to shrink the liver it lets your body go through this now she said we wouldn't want to go through it the first few days after surgery and I couldn't agree more.
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/28/12 9:05 am - burlington, VT
 Oh i completely agree. because that emotional crying angry feeling alone made me ALMOST (never gonna fully think it) feel like i should give up. i just felt helpless and GRRR it sounds so silly now that im feeling Great. Tired but great :) surgery its self is "scary" but i know i can do it, just like 1,000,000's of others who have. :) I say this so much but its my reason for turning to surgery. My kids need a mommy who can be there for them, not only in the long run but do fun, healthy things with them along the way. i have had MANY people try to talk me out of it and make me feel like im making some kind of mistake. but I Know im doing the right thing. Im giving my self a second chance to be healthy, and i think im Strong for doing so :) SORRY IM GOING ON AND ON XD its just nice to talk to people that just get it you know? 
SkinnyDipper
on 5/28/12 8:27 am - Canada
Yes I was super tired. In fact I am 2 weeks out today and it's the first day I didn't have a nap or sleep in late. Anaesthesia kicks your butt!

It gets better!
xo

Check out my blog @ http://theskinnydipper.blogspot.ca/
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/28/12 8:38 am - burlington, VT
 thank you! :) i didnt mean to complain i just wanted to make sure it was "normal" i guess lol  i had a bit of a grouchy stage and sad emotional melt down  the first and second day! lol my poor husband! the grouchiness went away but the tired feeling took over. i have two babies 2 and 11 months. so i just ignore it and fall asleep early for bed. :) 
SkinnyDipper
on 5/28/12 8:45 am - Canada
Good call on going to bed. And it didnt sound like you were complaining at all. We all know the feeling even if you were complaining, bring it on!

Check out my blog @ http://theskinnydipper.blogspot.ca/
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/28/12 8:49 am - burlington, VT
 :D that just made my night!!! :) i feel silly posting on here sometimes because i know you guys have all heard the same things before! so i dont want to "bother" anyone. i have met alot of REALLY SMART and kind people on here and i love it! :D
sbsweets
on 5/28/12 10:16 am
Girl please. These posts help others who are thinking n feeling the same way. We learn n can relate from each other. Nothing silly Please don't feel that way. I find this forum help ease my anxiety knowing I'm not alone.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 353 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 332 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 286 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 349 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 286 views