New Flavor Protein Drink...Yum!

jujubee4224
on 5/29/12 3:35 am
RNY on 04/09/12
  Quite by accident I came up with a different flavor protein drink. I took a package of Wal-Mart's Great Value brand of Lime Margarita drink mix. I mixed some of the powder with about 12 oz cold water to taste (each pack makes about 2 quarts). After that, I decided to add one scoop of unflavored protein powder from GNC and stirred. I wasn't too sure what it would be like, but I thought what the heck and took a sip. It was really good, tasted like Key Lime! It had a mild sweet and tart flavor. I am wondering how or what I can add to make a protein rich, healthy, Key Lime flavor snack. Any ideas girls? Nik, maybe you can help. All I know is that I like this. Nutritionally, the Lime Margarita drink mix has 5 calories per serving and each scoop of the protein powder has 21 gms of whey protein and 110 calories.

poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 3:49 am - OH
You could mix the drink mix with plain Greek yogurt.  You may need to add a little splenda, too.  And you could add some protein powder if you wanted more protein.

I love key lime pie.  I may actually have to try that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jujubee4224
on 5/29/12 3:57 am
RNY on 04/09/12
That is a great idea. I should have known that you would have the answer! Thanks Kelly!

poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 4:33 am - OH
I'm thinking that if I crumbled up a graham cracker on top of that, it would taste just like key lime pie.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics