Will I be able to drive my self home from hospital?

chatterpam
on 6/4/12 4:48 am - PA
I couldn't drive for a week or so because my stomach muscles were so sore I wouldn't have been able to turn the wheel. And, the anesthesia (sp) is still in your system along with pain meds. I think that would be very unwise. Please check with the hospital to see if they have a service that could take you home if you don't have a ride.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/4/12 4:55 am - Baltimore, MD
I feel compelled to ask, why the urgency to be able to drive? Do you live alone? Are you needing to return to a job that involves driving? I'm wondering because I'm sure folks can help with tips on managing if you're facing a particular challenge.
marty69
on 6/4/12 9:21 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12

Thank you for asking. No I don't live alone. My home consists of me an hubby. 2 kids still at home and my father (whom i am cargiver for.) I also help to care my mom-in-law an she lives 30 minutes away.
My main reason for asking is that my youngest was jsut diagnosed with chroens this last month and we have to go back to k.c. the 17th and I knid of need to be able to drive if at all possible. So that my husband does not have to miss anymore time from work.  i am jsut realy thinking about all the driving I do. that is one aspect I failed to plan for. But as we have 2 older boys and our daughter in law they can help pitch in too. (my kids rand in ages from 24 to 9. I only have 4 kids .but God has a sence of humor. )

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

dianabelle12
on 6/4/12 5:31 am
no you cant drive yourself home,u will be taking pain meds

MaleNurse78
on 6/4/12 10:33 am - Bossier City , LA
 Yeah I dont think driving home would be advisable, however I did fly 3 days post-op. But I never had a need to take a pain med after I left the hospital. I had surgery on Monday night and drove on Thurs. but it wasnt all that comfortable, but it can be done as long as you are off the pain meds. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics