Gallbladder issues

ericson414
on 6/9/12 12:34 pm - Harlingen, TX
 I am 4 yrs out and have started having gallbladder issues. Last year after a really bad UTI, the doctor sent me to an oncologist because my blood work was all messed up. They wanted to make sure there wasn't something else going on with my body. The first antibiotic they had given me wasn't touching the infection and threw my platelet count out of wrack. They did an ultrasound of my gallbladder to make sure it was okay. It showed that there was sludge in it but said that I didn't have to have it out because it wasn't given me any problems.  Well in the last month and a half I have had 3 UTI's .  I didn't crush the antibiotic and took it whole and it didn't have a chance to get into the blood stream before being flushed out of the stomache. I went to the emergency room in pain and they found that I still had the UTI and the pain they said was over the kidneys  and said nothing about the gallbladder.  This past week I had an appointment with my surgeon as a follow up from the bypass and told him about the pain I was having and he said it sounded like the gallbladder giving me problems so am scheduled for this coming Thursday to have it out. I will be glad to get rid of the pains that I have been having. 

Century Card 150 lbs Lost

ShebasMom
on 6/10/12 5:53 am
Revision on 07/05/16
I hope the surgery will take care of your pain. Do you still have a UTI? Can they give you IV antbx with your gallbladder surgery for your UTI? I'm see-ing my surgeon Thurs for consult to have my gallbladder removed soon. The u/s showed my GB was full of stones/sludge!

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

ericson414
on 6/10/12 6:01 am - Harlingen, TX
 I finished my antibiotic for the UTI last Monday and it seems to have worked and cleared up the UTI.  Hopefully that will be the last one for a while.  I need to get healthy since I'm going to Chicago in about a month for 6 weeks.

Century Card 150 lbs Lost

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 191 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views