"Wicked" was so wonderful that I am going again this weekend!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/12/12 2:09 pm - OH
I saw "Wicked" on Sunday (by myself {sigh...}). It was such a wonderful show -- IMO, Christine Dwyer, who plays Elphaba, has a much better voice than the woman who won the Tony for it on Broadway! -- and, as strange as it sounds (and i cannot really explain it, because I am not sure I fully understand myself), it really moved me... so I bought another ticket to see it again this weekend!  Second row this time (hey, if I'm going to pay to see it again, might as well get the best seat I could get, right?!?)

I probably should not have spent the money since I have had some recent house expenses (and still need to pay someone to paint my living room and hallway (I have been doing the rest of the main floor myself, but the living room and hall have vaulted ceilings so I cannot do it)), but it made me feel so good and the past several months have been so incredibly stressful. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kaoz789
on 6/12/12 2:13 pm
 Awesome! Ive never heard Dwyer, but if you think she's better than idina menzel I'll have to find a recording!

Im glad you went, even though you did go alone. I think I remember you posting that made you a bit unhappy when you bought the tickets. Good for you!

Have a great night!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/12/12 2:24 pm - OH
I could not find anything of her on You Tube or anything, but if you are on Facebook, she has a fan page with several video clips.  The one of her doing Defying Gravity is very good.  I think Dwyer's voice is better suited to some of the music (Menzel seems to be more a mezzo soprano than a true soprano) and she is able to get power out of it without it tending towards harshness. 

Lora

Kaoz789
on 6/12/12 2:31 pm
 Thanks! I'll look for her on FB.

Lol, I seem to be adding sopranos to my must listen list an awful lot lately, more so than any others. smh.

JaneJetson
on 6/12/12 3:10 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 You so deserve some enjoyment in your life.  Yes, you have had a rough go of things, so by all means enjoy this!  Jane
Cherokeesage
on 6/12/12 3:45 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
We saw it twice and would go again.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Tiffani A.
on 6/12/12 10:07 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
 I'm so jealous! I wanted to take my daughter when it came to town, but things didn't work out. I will definitely take her in the future. 
I think it's so awesome that you're gong again!!
NevillesMom
on 6/12/12 10:25 pm - MA
I LOVE Wicked! I would have loved to gone more than once...my wallet couldn't afford it! I'm very jealous. Have you read the book?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/12/12 11:36 pm - OH
No, I have not read the book. I am trying to finish a PhD (while also working), so pretty much anything I read these days is limited to research for that. It is on my list of things to read once I finish the degree, though! Lora

Laura in Texas
on 6/12/12 10:36 pm
Enjoy yourself!! Sometimes we just need to splurge, even if it doesn't make sense.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics