I need a low fat hamburger!

Lilyvalley
on 6/17/12 10:15 am - CT
 I ate a burger this evening.  I did not check the stats before I ate it because I threw out the box in order to fit them in my freezer.  Out of curiousity I checked on the website after dinner and that puppy had 26 grams of fat!  Holy !#@$!  I liked the burger (no bun) so I need an alternative because 26 grams of fat is ridicuous.  I would have rather had an ice cream for heaven's sake!

wendydettmer
on 6/17/12 10:28 am - Rochester, NY
when i ate meat i would make my own with 97% lean hamburger. now i eat boca burgers which are very low fat.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Lilyvalley
on 6/17/12 10:31 am - CT
 I am soooo lazy about making hamburgers! LOL!  I guess I need to get over it or learn to love Boca Burgers!

newdreams22
on 6/17/12 1:17 pm
RNY on 04/27/12 with
butterball turkey burgers low fat ..taste great and very moist
poet_kelly
on 6/17/12 10:31 am - OH
Buy some lean beef or ground turkey and make your own burger.  Or try some veggie burgers.  I like the Morningstar Farms brand.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kathyshrinks
on 6/17/12 10:58 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
Got a sample of Morningstar Farms black bean chipotle burger and Costco the other day - the texture was a little soft, but the flavor was uh-mazing!  Bought a box.

DisneyLover
on 6/17/12 11:15 am - WI
those are good mushed up and put into a taco salad type of thing.

Sarah

Sabrina S.
on 6/17/12 11:07 am
portabello burger! Portabello mushroom grilled- so good! Love boca burgers too
Sabrina
HW362 BS 323 CW318.6 GW180
RNY Surgery 8/21/12

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/17/12 2:27 pm - OH
Mushrooms have almost no protein, though!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

bowlinjj
on 6/17/12 11:15 am - TX
Ground Turkey Burgers are awesome. I have them quite a bit, a 4oz portion of ground turkey is 1.5g of fat, 26g of protein, and 120 calories. Not bad, I usually enjoy it with a little bit of unsweetened applesauce, as ground turkey can be a little dry. experiment with it to make it work for you. It's well worth it. I eat about a 3oz of lean ground beef occasionaly with a seasoned salt as well.
JJ Spencer  
SW 309 / CW 229 / GW 175
One day at a Time, One step at a Time, We will make it thru this Journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics