I need a low fat hamburger!

Dave Chambers
on 6/17/12 1:32 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I really like bison burgers. Trader Joes used to have them, but no long. These frozen burgers are available at nutrition stores or other local vendors. I found a local rancher who has a bison farm in northern CA.  He slaughters about 200 bison or so per year, and the bison meat is sold at local farmer markets.  Half the fat as a burger and about twice the protein. More costly than standard burger, but far healthier and has a very nice flavor. Bison burger patties cook in 2 minutes in my Sunbeam Rocket Grill, whereas a standard burger takes 3 minutes to cook. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/17/12 2:24 pm - OH
What kind of beef was it  (or what is the serving size listed) in order for there to be so much fat?!? According to the book I have, even 80% lean regular ground beef has only 240 calories and 15g of fat in 3 ounces (which is a portion for me since beef is so dense).

I only buy ground sirloin (90% lean) or the 96% lean Laura's ground beef (partly because fo the fat and partly because it chews up so much better than regular ground beef).  Three ounces of the 90% has 180 calories and 8g of fat; three ounces of the 96% has 125 calories and 5g of fat.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

happy_baker
on 6/17/12 2:44 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
 Can't you just make your own?  They sell 97% lean ground beef, or you can use ground turkey. 
Pile on the veggies, a smear of condiments, and a slice of cheese and you've got yourself a cheeseburger for almost zero carbs and less than 250 calories. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
kidnamedtoad
on 6/17/12 3:49 pm
I still eat the beef burgers bunless but I can only eat half a burger since its so dense. And I'm a woman who can pack away a cup of food. 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Michelle V.
on 6/17/12 9:14 pm - Livonia, MI
Making your own burgers is really easy. I have turkey burgers occasionally, with a bit of cheese in the middle.

Amy D.
on 6/17/12 9:15 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
I get the turkey burgers from Costco. 6 g of fat and 35 g of protein for a whole burger, altho I can only eat 1/2.

I also like the morning star or boca veggie burgers.

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 315 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views