Being Skinny hasnt fixed my life.

soozieq
on 6/21/12 11:01 am
I really find a lot of wisdom in what your psychiatrist said.  Thank you for sharing.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
RonSudol
on 6/21/12 10:48 am - NJ
I like how your Signature says that "You love life in your new body", but your Making "unhappy with your new body Posts". lol

cheer up buckaroo.. we all have weaknesses sometimes.

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

Emily P.
on 6/25/12 10:22 pm - Southgate, MI
I'm a girl, what can I say?  I do love life with the new body, I just hate what is going on in the OLD head. 

Your post made me laugh, cuz you said Buckaroo.  
It's not all glitter and rainbows.  

Emily P.
on 6/25/12 10:43 pm - Southgate, MI
ps.  updated signature. 
It's not all glitter and rainbows.  

Katari
on 6/21/12 10:58 am - OR
I think we all have a bit of an identity crisis when we don't recognize ourself. Sounds like you might have had some unrealistic expectations for the surgery as well. I know you said that you were happy with your job, and your kids great, etc.etc. but that's not the INSIDE stuff that you have to learn to make you happy. Maybe a little therapy to help you find your new self and some inner peace might help. Hope you feel more "you" soon.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Cheryl N.
on 6/21/12 12:34 pm - Des Moines, WA
Just cuz some people are naturally thin, or whatsoever, doesn't necessarily mean they are happy.  You don't know what s going on with them, really.   Also being thin doesnt necessarily mean you are healthy too.

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry you are feeling this way! :( 

My losing weight hasn't helped my dating life! LOL

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Sara O.
on 6/22/12 1:21 am, edited 6/22/12 1:21 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
Cheryl is right. In my group in middle/high school I was always the thick plus-sized girl among average and thin girls. My BFF (then and still now) has been a size 2 as long as long as ive known her. She is naturally thin and gorgeous, but she suffers from depression. A couple of years ago I learned she had been cutting herself to deal with her pain and had attempted suicide on at least one occassion. Even though I was always heavy I never cut myself, attempted suicide, or had bad selfesteem. I like myself. Heck, I liked myself even at 224. My BFF weighs about 98lbs. Its always been obvious to me that being skinny does not always equal happy.

To the original poster, just try to be positive and love yourself. You will eventually figure out what is missing and what will make you happy.
redrider
on 6/21/12 12:38 pm
We all have issues.  I choose to lean on God.  If you're already doing that, consider leaning harder.  He can take the weight. 
>>>RedRider                     
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/12 12:42 pm - FL
RNY on 05/14/12
 My favorite quote, by which I live my life every day is simply, "If you want to be happy, be." Your body shouldn't decide if you are happy, you should. That being said, no one decerves to feel so unhappy and finding a profession or even just a close friend to talk to could really help you. 

I hope you find your happiness soon. You've been through a lot to be where you are now and you deserve it.
Laura in Texas
on 6/21/12 12:44 pm
I've always known being thin would not magically make me "happy" (I was thin in my 20's). But knew it would make it easier to deal with issues as they came up.

You are only 19 months out. The emotional/mental part did get easier for me about the 3 year mark. Hang in there!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."