Being Skinny hasnt fixed my life.

Emily P.
on 6/25/12 10:04 pm - Southgate, MI
Thank You for understanding, so perfectly. 

Step 1.  Support Group.  I've never been.  Why would I need these peoples help?  I've totally got this, PAUSE NOT.  I need the support group.  WAY MORE THAN I KNOW. 

Step 2.  I'll letcha know. 

It's not all glitter and rainbows.  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/21/12 11:19 pm - OH
As a counselor, I have worked with a number of clients with weight issues (some who have had WLS) and it is very common for people to 1) attribute many of their problems to their weight (when, in fact, their weight has little or nothing to do with the problem) or 2) believe that being thin somehow will make them happy in general (because they see thin people who appear to be happy and they have been unhappy and obese for so long).  Because they think the weight is the issue, they expect the problem to go away with the excess fat and are disappointed to discover that the problem/unhappiness wasn't the weight in the first place.

The good news, though, is that you can now transfer some of the emotional and psychological energy that you previously devoted to either just getting through the day as an obese person or to getting the weight off post-op to addressing the things that are making you unhappy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Adrianne_Dawn
on 6/22/12 1:14 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 I just want to say you look AMAZING!  I started where you were at and I'm down 50 lbs so far.  I know what your saying and we all have days like that I think.  

Keep your chin up and know we are ALL here to support you if you need a friend! :) 

You lost an entire person - it's normal to feel out of sorts. 

HUGS! 

cajungirl
on 6/22/12 2:24 am
It isn't uncommon when one starts seeking WLS then losing weight thinking "life will be better, I'll be happy".  During the rapid weight loss, I see many that felt happiness was around the corner (myself included).  That temporary high is just that temporary. 

Unless we individually deal with our mental and emotional health, self worth and self confidence issues with a professional then personally we will go through the blue days you are currently dealing with.

We have surgery on our stomachs not our heads is so TRUE.  I hope you find some happiness within yourself, please see therapy to help you overcome these feelings.

I've been through therapy and would not hesitate to go again as needed, I felt better about myself after going; finding someone that will help you deal with things that concern/bother you and give you tools to work with is imperative to finding the happiness within yourself.

((((Emily)))))

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

macjuicy
on 6/22/12 3:30 am, edited 6/22/12 3:32 am - FL
You have fixed the outter you now you need to start working on the inner you, having a new body doesent do anything for how you feel inside. I advise seeing someone it really helps to talk about things.. I wish you nothing but luck and hapiness!!! Your feel beautiful on the outside time to reveal how beautiful you are on the inside!!! You lost your weight you can do anything!! Skys the Limit!!!

This statement tells me your happy what else are you looking for you have LOVE family and fun
" I have a super fun job, that I love.  My husband is hands down the coolest guy ever.  We just got a motorcycle and I love it.  My kids on the honor roll, and visiting her grandparents in Arizona for another 3 weeks"

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Emily P.
on 6/25/12 10:34 pm - Southgate, MI
Thank You everyone for your input.

I got ahold of a friend on FB who is local, had surgery with the same DR, and asked when & where support group is.  She's finding out today, and we are going.  I've never been to one.  I KNOW... I KNOW... Im a hard headed idiot who knows everything, and doesn't need anyones help.  So yeah, I admit it.  I need help. 

I am all in all happy.  My life is really great.  I just have some self issues, that are my issues......  I need to face them, I need to deal with them. 

That being said, I also posted this because I want people to know, this isn't all just puppies, rainbows and cuddly hugs.  This whole process is hard, and I want the people considering surgery to realize and know that it's not gonna be 100% unicorns ******g glitter.