TMI - Constipation

Hollie313
on 7/1/12 9:25 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

I've not had too much issue with said subject all this time.  Then, yesterday came.  My
stomach hurt so bad and I was miserable.  I know some people take Miralax.  However,
I have some Dulcolax gel pills in my cupboard.  Can we take those?  I think I'm going to
start using the powdered fiber DH bought me for my pre-op diet.  This has been the pits!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Mary Catherine
on 7/1/12 9:50 pm
 You can take milk of magnesia, dulcolax, miralax, or whatever you have.  Using the powdered fiber is a good idea.
Dani Dutch
on 7/1/12 10:11 pm - Netherlands
This is so common I found out for us post-op. I never had this issue beforehand. I wish I had known this would happen but meh, at least we can take something for it.
Calla Lily
on 7/1/12 10:19 pm
RNY on 01/23/12
 I take the dulcolax softener. I get so constipated. I wonder if the further out you get the better it gets?

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Hollie313
on 7/1/12 11:10 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
 I sure hope so!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Kaoz789
on 7/1/12 10:23 pm
 Lipton green tea
Prune juice
Splenda w/ fiber in tea
Drink water

Most everything works, it's really just a matter of preference.

tulips52
on 7/1/12 10:44 pm
 I hate having to rely upon Miralax daily...but it's the only thing that works for me. My PA advocates the Dulcolax Suppositories...but geez, who wants to be put through that all of the time. Not me! lol 

poet_kelly
on 7/1/12 11:29 pm - OH
I've used the suppositories a couple of times when I've been desparate.  They do work but no, I don't want to go through all that every time I need to poop!  I use Miralax daily. I usually put it in my protein shake.  It's not a big deal for me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Monica M.
on 7/1/12 10:58 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
if you're using fibre, please make sure you drink lots of water, extra fibre can just make it worse if you're not drinking enough.

Use milk of magnesia to get things moving before you add extra fibre, or use that dulcolax you have.

Sandy S.
on 7/1/12 11:08 pm - MD
RNY on 05/07/12
After my surgeon told me not to use Mirilax, I picked up some colace and have been taking one in the am and 1 in the pm and have been feeling MUCH better!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 486 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 71 views
Recent Topics