Terrified....I need Encouragement

mjones231
on 7/6/12 1:27 am
I had my surgery on June 18th..Everything went fine...Up until a few days ago when I was having muscle cramps.. Well on Wed. I decided to go to the ER and then yesterday they scheduled me to have a Doppler study done...At that time my worst fear was discovered....A BLOOD CLOT IN MY LOWER LEFT LEG....I am so afraid because my bestfriend passed away a few years back from a blood clot in her leg...Did any of you develop blood clot(s) after the surgery and did the blood thinners help them go away? I AM SCARED TO DEATH ABOUT THIS ISSUE....

SoCaPinkLady
on 7/6/12 1:30 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I'm so sorry. What has your Dr. Recommended for this?

Lori                               

mjones231
on 7/6/12 1:33 am

As of now they have only recommended blood thinners. Which they said that they usually go away after a period of time. Hopefully they will work.

Kay L.
on 7/6/12 1:33 am - N., AL
I'm so sorry that is happening! Very scary I'm sure especially if your friend died from it. Try to calm down as that is not good for you either. I don't know what to say except to send a cyber hug and some prayers! I bet you those blood thinners are going to work and you're going to be fine!
mjones231
on 7/6/12 1:34 am
Thank you Kay....
WildHeart101
on 7/6/12 1:36 am - Lexington, KY
 The blood thinners will probably work, just do what the doctors ask and stay as active as possible!!
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

SoCaPinkLady
on 7/6/12 1:41 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Lori                               

Dave Chambers
on 7/6/12 1:48 am - Mira Loma, CA
I know my surgeon uses those "calf balloons" that inflate and deflate to simulate leg movement in the hospital. But he also stressed walking as much as possible when you're able to get out of bed.  Walking typically decreases the potential for clots.  From the 100's of support groups I've attended, I've really not heard of one instance of blod clots in patient's legs. Have you been walking at home?  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

avivaps
on 7/6/12 3:58 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 This is a known complication but treatment is usually very effective. It is rare that a patient treated with blood thinners goes on to have a pulmonary embolus (clot to lung) that is life threatening. The biggest threat is usually BEFORE the leg clot is discovered and it throws of a clot to the lungs which can be fatal.   Hopefully now that you are diagnosed and treatment is begun, you should be fine.

All the best,

Andrea. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

skabets112
on 7/6/12 4:32 am
scary, like Dave, my surgeon used the compression things for my leg, to fight off blood clots, also, being in Germany at the time of my surgery, I had to have a shot every night I was in the hospital, starting the night before, to the day before I was released (so day 6...yes, they hold you in the hospital for 7 days there!) to prevent blood clots. However, the nurses also made us get up every 2 hrs and walk at least 15 minutes if we weren't doing so on our own. Praying your clot goes away!

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 453 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 410 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?