when does the vomitting stop?

cuddles010982
on 7/18/12 12:47 pm - Mt
I am 13 weeks post op RNY and 5 weeks post op gall bladder removal. It seems about twice a week or so I throw up. tonight it happened after I ate a small amount of very moist chicken. It seems like one day something will work and then when I eat that same thing again i throw it up.  does this get better? Or am I always going to struggle with vomitting?

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
TysCandi
on 7/18/12 12:50 pm
 Personally, I still struggle with it from time to time when my pouch wants to be difficult...I try to avoid things that I think will cause me trouble...but my husband thinks thats why I really dont eat too much...vomiting is the worst thing in the world and its such a long painful process...Hope it gets better for you...

HW: 326  SW: 312  GW:140

poet_kelly
on 7/18/12 12:57 pm - OH
I did for about the first three months.  Then it got a lot better.  I can only think of a couple times I've thrown up in the past, I don't know, probably a year.  Once was when I ate too much. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/12 1:24 pm - waukesha, WI
I have only thrown up once and I am nine months out.
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 7/18/12 1:26 pm - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 I haven't barfed...so far.  I felt like it a few times.  The "other," though, hits with no notice and for no apparent reason. I think vomiting is preferable.

Lady Lithia
on 7/18/12 1:30 pm

If something makes me throw up, as early out as you are, I'd put it on my "avoid" list for at least a month. Some people can't tolerate ANY leftovers. So if you tolerated it fine when it was made, but not the next day, it could be you can't do the leftovers.

I find that 9 out of 10 meals with BEEF are tolerated by me, and if it's not going to be tolerated, I know while eating the first bite, so I spit it out and skip it.

I don't do as well with chicken or pork, perhaps only 50% of chicken meals are okay, and less than that for pork. Homemade turkey is guaranteed to not work. Egg along sits poorly on my pouch, and cooked fish makes me nauseous every time.

Some people have trouble chewing well, and so stuff gets stuck. Get a clock with a second hand, and always chew for a full minute. Sometimes going back a step after a vomiting session is a good choice ..... do mushies for a day or two, or even liquids day one, mushies day two, and solid again day three.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

hedrider
on 7/18/12 2:39 pm - Midlothian, TX
 I never vomit.  The only time I sorta did was when I had a stomach flu.  Have you talked to your surgeon about it?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

fawnracene
on 7/18/12 8:42 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
 I was eating chiken okay... but the last two times I have thrown up. My pouch didnt give me grief till last week I am almost 7 weeks out.
Calliou
on 7/18/12 9:12 pm
RNY on 03/27/12
I seem to have the same issue every time I eat chicken or pork. Not good.  UGH.

Laura in Texas
on 7/18/12 9:43 pm
In 4 years I have never vomited. I hope you find relief soon.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views