lab results pre-op

LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 7/19/12 3:25 am - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with
So I had my pre-op appointment today and my surgeon reviewed my lab results. In turns out that I have a cyst on my spleen, gall bladder stones, and high cholesterol. I was totally shocked by all of this.The good thing is my surgery is still a go and my Kidneys are fine.  I am glad this process has allowed me to find this information out. Honestly, if I had not gone through this process I would not have found out until it was too late; which the surgeon also confirmed. With all this being said, after my RYN schedule for July 30th I will also have my gall bladder removed. I am double scared at this point. Any words of support and/or personal stories that are similar is much appreciated.
Scoobydoo061423
on 7/19/12 3:29 am - OH
RNY on 11/12/12 with
 I'm glad you found that stuff out before your surgery so it can be taken care of. I had my gallbladder taken out a couple weeks ago. It was a walk in the park, but I would be happy you are getting the rny and the gallbladder out at the sametime. Less holes and one less sugery. I wish you luck. You will be fine :)
LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 7/19/12 3:37 am - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with
Thank you. I will not have my gall bladder removed at the same time unfortunately, it will be two to three months after the RYN.
Scoobydoo061423
on 7/19/12 3:40 am - OH
RNY on 11/12/12 with
 Why are they doing it that way? It would be so much easier on you to get both done at the sametime.

Reach for the moon, if you fail at least you will lay among the stars.

LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 7/19/12 3:44 am - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with

He told me but I was so overwhelmed I cant remember.

Scoobydoo061423
on 7/19/12 3:48 am - OH
RNY on 11/12/12 with
 lol I understand. I haven't had the rny so I don't know how that feels But I can tell you with the other. I woke up feeling better.  I wish you luck. And soon you will be on the losers bench* 

Reach for the moon, if you fail at least you will lay among the stars.

Dave Chambers
on 7/19/12 4:05 am - Mira Loma, CA
If preop testing indicates a "iffy" galbladder, my surgeon removes it at the same time as RNY surgery.  Only other time it's a different surgery is that the galbladder looks ok at surgery time, but in subsequent post op weeks, your galballder indicates an issue and is removed in a 2nd surgery.  If other issues such as hernias, etc. it's likely those are fixed on surgery day too. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Patti1md
on 7/19/12 5:12 am
My baby girl, you will be fine.  Can't wait for you to be on the loser bench with me.  We can work out together.

Hillery82211
on 7/19/12 5:27 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
WE have the same surgeon and from my and many other posters here that have had Dr Moazzez, you are in good hands!  Good Luck!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Most Active
Recent Topics