Pina Colada Protein Drink

kimtres
on 7/20/12 2:57 am - Doha, Qatar
I'm home visiting my mother and I think I've finally got her convinced that protein shakes are good things.  A new blender bottle came with some recipes and I was reading them off to her.  Pina Colada Escape got her attention (recipe below) and she turned to me and, with a completely straight face, asked me, "Do you think anyone's thought of putting rum in a protein shake?"

I just laughed.  And laughed some more.  Then I thought about it... hmmm... Has anyone tried it?  I wasn't a big alcohol fan pre-op so I don't even think about it post-op.  But would it work?

Pina Colada Escape
1/2 cup pineapple juice (could juice it yourself to get less sugar)
1/2 cup milk
6-8oz pina colada yogurt (could use greek with sf flavoring)
1 serving vanilla protein powder

Add ingredients to BlenderBottle in order listed and shake until smooth.

poet_kelly
on 7/20/12 3:11 am - OH
How does juicing the pineapple yourself give you less sugar?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TamaraL
on 7/20/12 3:38 am
you use pineapple flavoring and not have all the sugar.

once a pineapple always a pineapple.  They are full of sugar.  Fresh or canned.  It is what it is.  By using fre**** don't make it have less sugar.

Tamara

I know cuz i used pineapple in a lot of things

kimtres
on 7/20/12 4:03 am - Doha, Qatar
I just figured that anything in a can is going to have more sugar because that's the way companies do it.

I like the idea of using pineapple flavoring instead.
MBsRNY
on 7/20/12 6:10 am - Baltimore, MD
I've been making pina colada protein smoothies for a while now. My recipe: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks, 2 oz. pineapple SF syrup, 1 cup ice cubes, 1 dash coconut extract, 1 dash rum extract. Delish.

jamiebrain
on 7/20/12 6:19 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Oo that sounds really yummy!
MickeyDee
on 7/20/12 7:25 am
Syntrax Nectar has a mix called Caribbean Cooler which tastes like a Pina Colada, but sugar free!

You can go to their website and order a set of their samples for a reasonable price. I like the Lemon Tea or the Cappuccino.
Price S.
on 7/20/12 11:33 am - Mills River, NC
Caribeean cooler is my new favorite.  I mix it with a crystal light peach mango tube and lots of water and ice.  Yum. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

thefrostedside
on 7/21/12 10:35 am - Canada
I mix the Carribean Cooler in greek yogurt with a little shredded coconut...so yummy and a crazy amount of protein for such a small snack :)  I might have to try adding some diced pineapple to the mix or some banana...like Dairy Queen used to do in their Tropical blizzard.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 401 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 392 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 218 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?